Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I found this article to be very useful:
Buying the Surface Pro 3? Here are the apps, games, programs and accessories you need

In it, the author links to a sleeve on Amazon (for the 11.6" Asus Chromebook) and says it's the perfect size for the SP3. Here's the Amazon link:
Amazon.com: rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case for Acer AC700 Chromebook 11.6-Inch Laptop (Black / Neon Green): Computers & Accessories

And here's an ebay link where you can find it from the same store, but at a cheaper price and with free shipping!:
rooCASE Bubble Sleeve Case Cover for Apple MacBook Air 11 6 Chromebook 11 6 | eBay

The suggestions and links in th rest of the article are pretty good too, especially if this will be your first Windows 8.1 pc.

vetteman117

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know they made a USB hub with Ethernet. Cool!

I have been using this since Nov-2013 on my SP2 (and will use it for SP3 later this week :). It has been perfect - never had any issues:
Amazon.com: Satechi 3-Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub and Ethernet LAN Network Adapter for Windows, Mac, and Linux: Electronics

Also, I am using this one with great success (mini displayport to vga as I need to connect to the office projector)
Amazon.com: Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to VGA Male to Female Adapter in Black: Computers & Accessories

Finally, I have gambled with an Indiegogo campaign - airtame - wireless screen-mirroring: expensive and significant delays but we will see if it delivers; in the meantime, Microsoft might release something similar; there were some rumors in the past). Either ways, this kind of a device will be a must-have as well (Chromecast is too limited).

Regarding sleeves, no good ones yet. I spoke to Snugg (just love their sleeve for my SP2) but sadly they have not made any plans as yet for the SP3 sleeve.

nrnw

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

Doc IT

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I got this as a temp until i could find a descent bag for it. It's from target for 29.
It's got a sign that resemble an S for surface i guess :cool:. The inside feels very good and its got a lip for the zipper so it should keep the devise from scratching. now I'm just waiting for the surface to come, I'll let you guys know how it fits

IMG_8914.jpg
IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8916.jpg

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using an etsy sleeve made out of cork. The etsy seller's name is corkor. It's awesome. I'm still waiting to get my Freedom Case from kickstarter... I'm sure I'm gonna have the Surface Pro 3 before I receive my Freedom Case.... I wonder if they'll make one for the SP3.

But...but the SP3 doesn't need a Freedom Case. Looks like it would be good for SP or SP2.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
But...but the SP3 doesn't need a Freedom Case. Looks like it would be good for SP or SP2.

I agree from the perspective of the function of the Freedom Case being to give you multiple viewing angles, and that you don't need that for the SP3, but I like the style of it from a protective cover perspective, and would like to see something similar for the SP3, albeit without the different angles, but instead folding back to the back of the SP3, and folding with the kickstand.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. From Corkor's site, she said the padding is 5mm. Do you think it is thick enough and hard enough to protect Surface when it is inside it?

I am sure it will stop it from getting scratched up - what are you looking for the case to do? protect against a drop? I am not sure this will guarantee that, but for me I just got the case to keep it free of scratches and minor dings when I am not using it.

The cork in this case is more 'material' like as opposed to rigid, if that's what you're asking. :)

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am sure it will stop it from getting scratched up - what are you looking for the case to do? protect against a drop? I am not sure this will guarantee that, but for me I just got the case to keep it free of scratches and minor dings when I am not using it.

The cork in this case is more 'material' like as opposed to rigid, if that's what you're asking. :)

I'm not looking for against drop. Looking for minor dings and scratches. How long did it take to ship?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar