How do I simply turn off the screen?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I do allot of brief walking from place to place around the office while at work and I have my power setting so when I shut my keyboard cover it does not do anything.

I did not see "Turn Screen Off" listed as an option tho? Where is this setting at? I don't care of the screen goes off when I close the keyboard or tap the power button or similar, just need to figure out how so the screen is not draining battery.

The time it takes to come out of sleep or hibernate is simply too long for me and sometimes things like BT don't work right after.

Thanks! Perhaps a registry hack somewhere to alter how the power button reacts? Help? lol

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Oh come on, someone must know how to do this?!

How they cannot put "turn screen off" as an option when closing the cover is a ridiculous oversight...

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You could set it to "put computer to sleep" when you close the cover since that is all the power button is doing when you press it. Since the surface pro 3 has connected standby, putting it to sleep only turns off the display. After 4hrs of connected standby it goes into real sleep mode where it turns off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the like.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
You could set it to "put computer to sleep" when you close the cover since that is all the power button is doing when you press it. Since the surface pro 3 has connected standby, putting it to sleep only turns off the display. After 4hrs of connected standby it goes into real sleep mode where it turns off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the like.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Except I have Hyper-V installed which disables connected standby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon