Why won't Word, Excel and Power Point function on Windows 10 SP3?

pitit_batteur

May 13, 2013
Visit site
word, excel and power pont not functional on windows 10 SP3

Hi, since 2 weeks, my word, excel and powerpoint doesn't work anymore.
i'm running windows 10 on my surface pro 3, updated.

it says i need to go to the Microsoft store, but nothing happens.
<i tried to uninstall and install again, but nothing has changed.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: word, excel and power pont not functional on windows 10 SP3

I'm running Office Universal Apps on my S3 and they're fine. Running Office 2013 on my Surface Pro is also fine. Both are on build 10041.

Sent by my Honor 6

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem. You have to uninstall Office 365 (as I remember you also need to go through the Repair option), and then re-install Office 365.

pitit_batteur

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I'm using word, office and excel preview from the beta store.
I don't have office 365... :(

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Well, to be fair that's preview apps from a beta store on a tech preview OS. It's not going to be trouble-free.
I'd be trying another uninstall.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Office 13/ office 365 has no issues. You should look at getting office 365

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Same issue as covered in the notes for 10041.
Not sure a roll back will fix that for you.
I'd try the described workaround.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Scrub that. It's not the OS build. It's probably the same issue as when those preview apps were release i.e. they need to be installed on an OS without an existing Office installation.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I removed all of them and reinstalled, still won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Well, there are two different issues. Sounds like you're running into the other.

One was what I was referring to, a bug that caused the apps to open and then crash, starting in 10041 and caused by APIs having changed... which was fixed by an update to the Office apps: Office Preview Apps Crashing on Startup after upgrading to Windows - Microsoft Community

There's another one that's a licensing issue which had I read more closely, seems more likely to be the issue anyway if it's telling you to go to the Store to fix it: This app can't open - workaround - Microsoft Community

slerriuqs

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Wrong. Word in my purchased copy of Office Professional 2013 is inoperable. It will not save anything, it will not allow me to create new folders, it will not open documents I already had on my machine, it will not allow me to write to any that I somehow manage to open, sometimes it doesn't even open at all. I purchased it pre installed with my 6 month old, custom built, top of the line laptop so reinstalling is not an option. Excel works some of the time, but ONLY if I sign in to Windows account and go through Drive, and only when creating new docs. All Excel docs I had before are inaccessible. Power Point doesn't work at all. So much for that.

slerriuqs

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

Sorry, my post was in response to your post that Office 2013 has no issues. It does not work since I installed Windows 10. Please see below. If you know of a fix, I'd be ever so grateful, but it's been 2 months and Windows 10 Support hasn't been helpful at all.

johngriswold

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I just "upgraded" to Windows 10 after getting sick of the constant reminders. Now I tried to open a PPT file, and PP starts to open, then crashes with no error. Same with all the other applications in Office 2013. Just looking for a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6