Just Bought SP3 - Want Accessories - Please Help

eldreams

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a SP3 for my wife, holding off for the SP4 myself.
First surface device as I have other various windows tablets, phones, xbox one, and PC's - so have questions regarding accessories for this specific device.
I've read some of the other threads to get an idea, though instead of searching countless posts/threads I'd thought this post would be better:

• Screen protector - Has anyone tried XtremeGuard full body screen protection, ArmorSuit, or something other you can recommend that won't interfere with the pen/touch as well as viewing quality.
  • Case/Cover - Anybody have any recommendation of a sleep slip/cover in Purple or Case that supports the full functionality of the kickstand angles?
  • Wireless Display - I thought about getting the MSW Display Adapter to extend/mirror the screen at home or in the office - A lot of Amazon reviews say there's lag or it loses connection all the time. Any other adapters (small) to consider? Or are the reviews wrong on the MS one?
  • SD Card - can someone recommend one that's reliable, fast, and cheap (price)?

If you could supply links, recommendations, or any other suggestions - I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Last edited:

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just Bought SP3 - Want Asscessories - Please Help

Get sandisk 128gb sdcard :) best of the best not cheap but worth it, there is just nothing that comes close

walcolm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

i have bought the following from
A. Amazon
1. a case
2. screen protector
3. 128gb SD card

B. Best buy
4. the Microsoft keyboard,
5. docking station

C. Windows store
6. wireless AV adapter

cant post link yet cos my post count is not up to 10 on windows central

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

Just to put my 2 pennies worth in, I've bought:
128gb Samsung micro SD card Amazon
KVAGO tempered glass screen protector Amazon
Surface pro 3 keyboard (black) Microsoft Store

Trident Cyclops case (not yet delivered) Amazon

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

For a decent screen protector I would recommend a tempered glass screen protector as it doesn't hamper touch or pen functionality, I've found that the thin plastic protectors limit touch/pen function

Also I believe that INCIPO do purple cases (which you can get from Microsoft's online store) which utilises the kickstand, but don't support the tilted function on the keyboard :/

As for SD cards I would recommend Samsung, I (currently) use a SanDisk micro SD card in my Nokia smartphone, which I previously used in my old Surface RT and the SD card is throwing a wobbler and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

Hope this helps!

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft Wireless adaptor works great - not just web browser like Chromecast. Best Screen protector by far is the Microsoft one - expensive, but easy to put on and good protection. 128gb Sandisk, or Lexar. If you are going to store music, or stuff you access frequently on the card - pay more and get the fastest one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon