Location/GPS error

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Haven't posted before, and haven't been able to find a thread similar to what I'm about to ask but...

Has anybody had any issues with location/GPS on Surface Pro 4? My issue is, I just moved from Arizona to Florida and my Windows Map app continues to default to my old house in Arizona. Every time I try to click on the 'current location' icon on the far right bar it doesn't move. I've tried clearing my location history, setting a saved location in the map settings, cycled location off/on and resetting my Surface but all to no avail. I've looked for updates but the app is up to date as well as the system overall. This is also impacting my time zone/time adjustment -- it still defaults to Arizona. Any help would be great, thanks!

v/r
BMK
From Surface Pro 4

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Haven't posted before, and haven't been able to find a thread similar to what I'm about to ask but...

Has anybody had any issues with location/GPS on Surface Pro 4? My issue is, I just moved from Arizona to Florida and my Windows Map app continues to default to my old house in Arizona. Every time I try to click on the 'current location' icon on the far right bar it doesn't move. I've tried clearing my location history, setting a saved location in the map settings, cycled location off/on and resetting my Surface but all to no avail. I've looked for updates but the app is up to date as well as the system overall. This is also impacting my time zone/time adjustment -- it still defaults to Arizona. Any help would be great, thanks!

v/r
BMK
From Surface Pro 4

have you checked what google maps would give as the current location? to see if the GPS is off or the maps app

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow, no the website version of both Bing Maps and Google Maps both had my current location at my old residence in Arizona -- think something might be wrong with the GPS antenna?

v/r
BMK
From Surface Pro 4

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow, no the website version of both Bing Maps and Google Maps both had my current location at my old residence in Arizona -- think something might be wrong with the GPS antenna?

v/r
BMK
From Surface Pro 4

checking online, I understand that the surface pro 4 does not have inbuilt GPS. Therefore the surface pro 4 decides your location using wifi/cellular connections which cannot be accurate all the time. Perhaps your router still has some settings for the old location?

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so because both my phone (Lumia 735 running W10M) and my desktop (also running W10) pull good location when they're on the same WiFi network at my house as my Pro 4

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Check all your address settings, like your microsoft account address, Google maps, and Bing. I believe they all have a manual home address entry.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon