So here's an odd one... I've only had my surface for about 2 months, and it has been working great, for the most part (I am running one of the early release builds on slow ring, so I've had a few freezes and hangs here and there).

But one thing that is driving me a bit crazy is that my mouse icon disappears when I use Chrome.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reinstalled Chrome yet, so I can try that, but I'm not sure why it only happens in that program.
    09-09-2016 10:42 PM
    So here's an odd one... I've only had my surface for about 2 months, and it has been working great, for the most part (I am running one of the early release builds on slow ring, so I've had a few freezes and hangs here and there).

But one thing that is driving me a bit crazy is that my mouse icon disappears when I use Chrome.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reinstalled Chrome yet, so I can try that, but I'm not sure why it only happens in that program.
    any settings in chrome that you think could be the culprit? Maybe fast/smooth scrolling settings or using full screen mode
    09-10-2016 06:27 AM
    Not that I'm aware of--but now it seems to be happening sporadically. I was just using Chrome and it was there again, but there are times I detach the keyboard and use touch, then reattach the keyboard and the cursor is gone, so it may be something between the touch and non-touch setups that Chrome isn't transitioning between the states.

I enabled show mouse cursor location when hitting Ctrl which lets me know it is still there, just invisible (and lets me click on things, but it is a bit like trying to navigate Chrome with sonar, since I have to ping the location as I move it).
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-10-2016 03:57 PM
    Not that I'm aware of--but now it seems to be happening sporadically. I was just using Chrome and it was there again, but there are times I detach the keyboard and use touch, then reattach the keyboard and the cursor is gone, so it may be something between the touch and non-touch setups that Chrome isn't transitioning between the states.

I enabled show mouse cursor location when hitting Ctrl which lets me know it is still there, just invisible (and lets me click on things, but it is a bit like trying to navigate Chrome with sonar, since I have to ping the location as I move it).
    are you using in desktop or tablet mode?
    09-11-2016 02:36 PM
    desktop mode.
    09-11-2016 09:16 PM
    desktop mode.
    some ideas here: https://www.reddit.com/r/computers/c...nly_in_chrome/

other solutions were to update chrome
    09-12-2016 02:34 AM
    Thanks, I'll try the hardware acceleration fix when I get home.

I use an SP3 at work which doesn't have the issue, and my SP4 is at home now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    09-12-2016 08:29 AM