Mouse icon not showing in Chrome

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
So here's an odd one... I've only had my surface for about 2 months, and it has been working great, for the most part (I am running one of the early release builds on slow ring, so I've had a few freezes and hangs here and there).

But one thing that is driving me a bit crazy is that my mouse icon disappears when I use Chrome.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reinstalled Chrome yet, so I can try that, but I'm not sure why it only happens in that program.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So here's an odd one... I've only had my surface for about 2 months, and it has been working great, for the most part (I am running one of the early release builds on slow ring, so I've had a few freezes and hangs here and there).

But one thing that is driving me a bit crazy is that my mouse icon disappears when I use Chrome.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reinstalled Chrome yet, so I can try that, but I'm not sure why it only happens in that program.

any settings in chrome that you think could be the culprit? Maybe fast/smooth scrolling settings or using full screen mode

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of--but now it seems to be happening sporadically. I was just using Chrome and it was there again, but there are times I detach the keyboard and use touch, then reattach the keyboard and the cursor is gone, so it may be something between the touch and non-touch setups that Chrome isn't transitioning between the states.

I enabled show mouse cursor location when hitting Ctrl which lets me know it is still there, just invisible (and lets me click on things, but it is a bit like trying to navigate Chrome with sonar, since I have to ping the location as I move it).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of--but now it seems to be happening sporadically. I was just using Chrome and it was there again, but there are times I detach the keyboard and use touch, then reattach the keyboard and the cursor is gone, so it may be something between the touch and non-touch setups that Chrome isn't transitioning between the states.

I enabled show mouse cursor location when hitting Ctrl which lets me know it is still there, just invisible (and lets me click on things, but it is a bit like trying to navigate Chrome with sonar, since I have to ping the location as I move it).

are you using in desktop or tablet mode?

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try the hardware acceleration fix when I get home.

I use an SP3 at work which doesn't have the issue, and my SP4 is at home now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro