SP2 Not Charging

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like whatever is wrong with my charging circuitry finally bit the dust. :(

w8osur.png

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh crap! :/
Sorry to hear that. So I guess it was indeed a faulty hardware. :/

Yeah. :(

I left it off since I posted that message and turned it back on just now and the battery has been detected again.

I did buy the extended warranty so I want to maybe start an exchange process. The only thing is that this is my main work machine so I cannot be without it for long... I wonder if I can just show up to a Microsoft store.

The other thing is that who knows if they'll believe me since it's an on and off problem.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Finally went around starting the replacement process and as some others have noted I also got a scratched replacement. Ugh. And I did buy Microsoft Complete.

I got in contact with them so I am going to send back the replacement they sent me and they will contact me in a couple of days to talk about the issue and find a resolution.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
How did this end up? I've got a SP2 with the battery problem that I'm about to do an out of warranty repair on through Microsoft once Amex approves my extended warranty claim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon