Surface Pro 3 Cases/Sleeves

xinunix

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a case like the Incipio Feather made for the Surface Pro 3? I think this is exactly what I am looking for, a thin form fitting snap-on shell. It looks like it works with the kickstand too... Incipio doesn't have one for the SP3 yet, wondering if anyone else makes them like this?

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from the MS Store. The lack of accessories for the SP3 was kind of surprising to be honest. They didn't have any cases designed specifically for the sp3 or even screen protectors! You'd think they would've had some sort of deal in place with the same companies that made them for the sp2 pre-launch. Not only didnt they have any at launch, the form factor has now been around over a month and they still don't.

All they have are generic 12-13" laptop sleeves. MS has to have the worst marketing department in the world. This is supposed to be your new shiny toy, your customers want to accessorize. Plan ahead.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Confirmed... showed up yesterday and works great even with the type cover. Plenty of room. Just wish the 11" version came in red.

Awesome, im hoping some other colours come along eventually. I'll probably be ordering a type cover aswell when its released in the UK so its good to know it fits - Adam

taiohnokami

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Meh...cheap enough anyway...I'll try the 11" and get the 13" if it doesn't work.

Hey, did you ever find out if it fit with the SP3 and the type cover?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the post above mine. On amazon, I only see the green one that is 11". Can anyone point me to where I can find the 11" ones for the other colors?

Last edited:

Kaloyan Krumov

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice suggestion. How is the cooling with such case? I'd I run keys say Hearthstone, the cooler starts spinning and you canned hold the sp3 on your hands.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1 by HTC WP8X using Tapatalk

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey, did you ever find out if it fit with the SP3 and the type cover?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw the post above mine. On amazon, I only see the green one that is 11". Can anyone point me to where I can find the 11" ones for the other colors?

Looks like you just have to keep on checking back. Grey only comes in 13" and now the red one I wanted initially only comes in the 11" ...wtf?

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
I still haven't seen one that I like better than this one...
So it's on my Amazon wish list, and hopefully my wife will get it for my birthday, coming up in October.... :wink:

Been looking at that one as well for a few weeks now. I was looking at it again and noticed there were only 4 left of the 13" Retina (this is the closest in size to the SP3 with still room in width, height and depth so type cover won't be a problem. I am curious if the power block will fit on the other side in the sleeve where it appears to be a notepad of if it will put too much pressure on the SP3 when zipped up, guess I'll find out Friday when it gets here.

Cutesy_Things

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
have you guys considered getting a skin kit for your surface pro 3? for a while i was against skins but i purchased one recently from stickerboy. it came in yesterday and the application went smooth (i guess i did just fine for my first time) because they have a tutorial video. I purchased the black carbon skin from the carbon fiber series but i did not get the sides. now that i look at it, i want to get the sides but a different color so it stands out! i looovvveeee the way my SP3 looks. im thinking about getting a skin for my mother's ipad too. at checkout, i used the promo code "DECAL" that i found on one of the coupon code sites and i got 10% off my entire order. hey, it paid for the taxes and shipping :cool: i would like to share some pictures with my fellow SP3 users especially those that hate carrying bulky cases but dont want to get scratches on their SP3. PLEASE let me know what you think about it! your feedback is greatly appreciated.
IMG_6551.JPG

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
have you guys considered getting a skin kit for your surface pro 3? for a while i was against skins but i purchased one recently from stickerboy. it came in yesterday and the application went smooth (i guess i did just fine for my first time) because they have a tutorial video. I purchased the black carbon skin from the carbon fiber series but i did not get the sides. now that i look at it, i want to get the sides but a different color so it stands out! i looovvveeee the way my SP3 looks. im thinking about getting a skin for my mother's ipad too. at checkout, i used the promo code "DECAL" that i found on one of the coupon code sites and i got 10% off my entire order. hey, it paid for the taxes and shipping :cool: i would like to share some pictures with my fellow SP3 users especially those that hate carrying bulky cases but dont want to get scratches on their SP3. PLEASE let me know what you think about it! your feedback is greatly appreciated.
It isn't what I want for mine, but it does look good. :smile:

wookiee2cu

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
So the zip leather organizer just showed up, I got it on Amazon, I can't post a link yet but a link is on pg.6 post #127 of this thread.

Quality is nice but I really don't think this will work with a SP3 with type cover. Reason I say that is sliding the SP3 into the pocket I have to push it down there pretty firmly to get it past the zipper and it fits pretty tightly. I got the 13" Retina version as the dimensions for that unit had the highest height measurements which I wanted to ensure the type cover would have plenty of room. The sleeve that holds the SP3 only has a expandable side on the right side (next to the zipper), the left side and bottom are stitched to the organizer itself. If these were expandable as well then there would be plenty of wiggle room with no pressure on the type cover and surface. If you are going to go without the type cover than it fits pretty good, a little snug but not nearly as bad as with the typecover. I also put in a small usb powered external hard drive in the pocket on the left site and closed the organizer, that seemed to make it a little tight to zip it closed adding even more pressure on the SP3. There is no way you are going to fit the power block in this thing. It's a shame, I was really hoping this would work for me. It's very nice though and I will keep it and find other uses for it. Just thought I'd share my experience for those who were looking at it. There is a 15" version but honestly I think that would be way too big as I was a little surprised as of to how large the 13" unit is (10.75" wide, 15" tall, almost 1" depth).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So the zip leather organizer just showed up, I got it on Amazon, I can't post a link yet but a link is on pg.6 post #127 of this thread....
Hmmm.... Well, at this point, as much as I want it, unless I find a new job very soon, I won't be getting one. I was given 60 days notice today that I will be getting laid off.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I've ended up using a normal padfolio. The pocket is enough to hold it with both stylus and keyboard attached, and have all the other benefits of a padfolio such as business card slots, pen, and notepad.

Posted via the WPC App for Android on BlackBerry Z30

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Here's a minimalist leather sleeve case. just plain slip in and out. And the best part of this minimalist case is that they included stitching logo of Windows on the side.

View attachment 70827
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet 12 inch Sleeve Pouch Protect Bag Slim and Light | eBay

This is great for those who just need to protect their surface inside their backpacks/briefcase full of pens, paper clips, car keys, knife, pizza cutters, etc. its quick and easy to grab.

I have this and its really tight putting the surface in w the type cover. Even harder taking it out.

kougei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
SP3 not here until Monday, was intent on the Maroo Woodland or Black sleeve (I have a sleeve for SP1 which I carry in a shoulder man bag), but Amazon decent price out-of-stock, MS store in-stock but 4-5 day delivery, and really wanted one ready for Monday.

Then I found the below, which I'm sure were not around a day or so back. So ordered the blue on Prime delivery to match my SP3 keyboard. Looks avpretty good design over and above a standard sleeve, e.g. Snug.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MA0CL...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2740402

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
After seeing the post above I purchased the ESR folio case and sleeve case. Both are nice but the SP3 just begs to be naked so I prefer the sleeve alone. The sleeve is excellent and I would recommend it if the style suits you. The folio is nice, if you need the protection the fit is perfect with or without keyboard and the construction is quite rigid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon