onenote screen clipping

dunamis

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I think I saw it somewhere but can't find...but how to you place a screen clip with double tap on the pen to a specific notebook folder and specific page? Right now it automatically goes to a folder called quicknotes.

I thought if you set the cursor on the page you want and then do the screen clipping it will place there at the location as well, but this is not working....

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Just go to the screen you want to capture and double click the purple "eraser" button.

Then simply draw a box over the actual part of the screen you want to capture. It will automatically then transfer it over to OneNote so you can resize, copy, place in another note....

csjjjjjjjjjjj

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised as well, dunamis. If a current note is open (especially split-screen), I expected the image to be pasted there (within current note), not a new quicknote... Worse, it's not easy to transfer that picture to the current note.

Oh well, maybe they'll fix it.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised as well, dunamis. If a current note is open (especially split-screen), I expected the image to be pasted there (within current note), not a new quicknote... Worse, it's not easy to transfer that picture to the current note.

Oh well, maybe they'll fix it.

Really? Just hold down the select button and then tap on the image.... copy... paste....

dunamis

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
That's how I do it now. But I saw that you can paste to any specific notebook or pages instead of having to cut our copy and paste back to another folder? Maybe I was wrong...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If you go to settings, options for OneNote.... at the bottom you can select what notebook to use for quicknotes.

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It does place it into Quick notes by default. But it also copies it to the clipboard. Just open any other Note, Word doc, email, or basically anything you can paste to, and then do a CTRL V and it will copy the screenshot into it.

dunamis

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It does place it into Quick notes by default. But it also copies it to the clipboard. Just open any other Note, Word doc, email, or basically anything you can paste to, and then do a CTRL V and it will copy the screenshot into it.

thanks @fonzman78. you are correct...too bad it will constantly add to the quicknotes and have to later manually delete. But I guess that's that only solution for now. Or we can after clipping go to the quick note page and then do a delete and paste.

either way, I thought there was a way but I guess not.

jedge

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Just pin the Snipping Tool to your taskbar. It's better.
You can do rectangular or free-form, snip a window or full screen, and do a bit of editing before you paste it even. It saves to your clipboard so just have to right-click -> paste into whatever OneNote page you want.

I wish double-clicking the pen top just opened the Snipping tool.

Capturddde.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes