some flaws in SP2 and warranty

DekeraD

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I've recently bought and received my new Surface Pro 2 device, but I've noticed, that (from beginning) it has some flaws:
(display flaws)
a) hot/dead pixel on screen - brighter/white pixel visible on brighter backgrounds (software solutions such a Pixel Fixer didn't help)
b) some brightness/backlight bleeding at the bottom part of Surface's screen (at screen border)

(kickstand issue)
c) kickstand is wobbling when is set to it's 2nd position

(other flaws)
d) my Surface responds slowly to pressing the awake/power button - I have to wait about 2 seconds for device to react

Has anyone had any of these flaws in his device? Can I report my device for warranty service to exchange for new one?

Please answer.

Regards.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I've recently bought and received my new Surface Pro 2 device, but I've noticed, that (from beginning) it has some flaws:
(display flaws)
a) hot/dead pixel on screen - brighter/white pixel visible on brighter backgrounds (software solutions such a Pixel Fixer didn't help)
b) some brightness/backlight bleeding at the bottom part of Surface's screen (at screen border)

(kickstand issue)
c) kickstand is wobbling when is set to it's 2nd position

(other flaws)
d) my Surface responds slowly to pressing the awake/power button - I have to wait about 2 seconds for device to react

Has anyone had any of these flaws in his device? Can I report my device for warranty service to exchange for new one?

Please answer.

Regards.

The standard warranty will only replace with a refurbished device, not a new one. Microsoft Complete, at least when going into a store, would replace with new when SP2 was still in production. As to whether they will replace under warranty for the defects, my thought is probably yes but only Surface support can really answer. Several are things that likely fall under manufacturing defects, although the two second start up is not really one of them. BTW, given it has been discontinued, there is at least a chance you might be offered a SP3 in exchange. If not, it would almost certainly be refurbished.

DekeraD

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The standard warranty will only replace with a refurbished device, not a new one. Microsoft Complete, at least when going into a store, would replace with new when SP2 was still in production. As to whether they will replace under warranty for the defects, my thought is probably yes but only Surface support can really answer. Several are things that likely fall under manufacturing defects, although the two second start up is not really one of them. BTW, given it has been discontinued, there is at least a chance you might be offered a SP3 in exchange. If not, it would almost certainly be refurbished.

Thanks for reply.

Why are you convinced that it will be only refurbished device (SP2), not the new one? On what do you base your statement?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply.

Why are you convinced that it will be only refurbished device (SP2), not the new one? On what do you base your statement?

a common practice is replacing defective things with refurb units.
saves money and provides the end user with a not-defective product.

that behavior is definitely not normal, and get it replaced if you can.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
No indication on where or when you got your SP2, which are keys to available options, but a dead pixel is a day-one issue, and for my expectations, you got a bad SP2, regardless: sorry. Take or send it back today for a full refund, if you still can. Then, get a new, great SP2 -elsewhere, or anywhere returning such an issue is a non-issue for you. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon