10240 and Surface 3 tablet mode

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
As of today 7.24.15 is 10240 with the latest upgrade/patches applied does Windows 10 in tablet mode work any better then it did lets say a week ago. I am signed up for the insider program and updated all my desktops and portables to 10240 and all is ok, though when I installed 10240 on my Surface 3 all hell broke loose. Constantly crashing especially in Edge browser, display driver crashes,etc. I only use my Surface 3 in table mode, don't even own the KB. So I just had do downgrade to 8.1 and no issues.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday they released an Intel display driver that seems to have fixed the Edge crashing issue. Today they released an update that allowed for a firmware update which seems to have solved sleep/resume issues. All is now good on my Surface 3 with Windows 10240 .

kuau

May 31, 2013
Visit site
ok so I have 10240 installed with the new firmware, running in tablet mode so far so good.
My only issue at this moment is running the Facebook App. It runs fine, yet he type is so small I can hardly read it. I tried upping the scaling to 175% yet this did not change male a change in the facebook app

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone able to get continuum to work on Surface 3? I always need to manually switch between tablet mode and desktop mode. I am never prompted to change.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday they released an Intel display driver that seems to have fixed the Edge crashing issue. Today they released an update that allowed for a firmware update which seems to have solved sleep/resume issues. All is now good on my Surface 3 with Windows 10240 .

Do you experience this problem? http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-tablets/369555-bad-input-lag-surface-3-windows-10-a.html

Also, my battery still seems to drain fast with the cover closed but that may just be something I'm doing wrong. Haven't figured out yet.

goodbar_dev

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so yours works fine. Do you have the Type Cover 3? I have a Touch Cover 2 and nothing happens when I do anything with my cover no matter how I have it set. Perhaps it is the cover causing the issue, but I would not think it should matter.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the surface app in the docs section all the capabilities of each keyboard are listed. I'd check but I'm on my phone. But my setup auto switches. I had to use full start on my desktop as I started to hate the smaller one when it switched to desktop.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you experience this problem? http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-tablets/369555-bad-input-lag-surface-3-windows-10-a.html

Also, my battery still seems to drain fast with the cover closed but that may just be something I'm doing wrong. Haven't figured out yet.

No real issues with input lag, but I'm not playing any games more involved than Solitaire.

I did have a couple of times where I closed my cover, assumed that the Surface would go to sleep, and I found a dead battery 10 hours later. I am hoping that one of the updates over the weekend has fixed this, but I can't say for sure.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so yours works fine. Do you have the Type Cover 3? I have a Touch Cover 2 and nothing happens when I do anything with my cover no matter how I have it set. Perhaps it is the cover causing the issue, but I would not think it should matter.

I have the Type Cover 3. We might have a Touch Cover around. If so, I will give it a try and see if continuum still works.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No real issues with input lag, but I'm not playing any games more involved than Solitaire.

I did have a couple of times where I closed my cover, assumed that the Surface would go to sleep, and I found a dead battery 10 hours later. I am hoping that one of the updates over the weekend has fixed this, but I can't say for sure.

Solitaire has that lag too but it's not overly noticeable on that game. If you compare it to a Surface machine on 8.1 that hasn't been recently updated the solitaire cards move around a bit smoother. Now they get jerky and can fall behind your finger if you move too fast.

A couple other people have reported it too. I'm surprised there aren't hundreds of posts about it. It drives me crazy.

But if you haven't noticed it don't go looking for it and just be happy. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12