Problems with Surface Pro 4 - How can I fix?

aide199

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I seem to be getting the following problems with my Surface Pro 4:-

When I shutdown my pc, I then close the surface onto my keyboard but when I open the Surface the keyboard backlight comes on but I'm unable to turn on my surface the only way I can turn it on is to press the up Volume key and the power button at the same time so that it goes into the bios settings and I then exit out of that to start the machine.

Problems with Windows Hello - I constantly get the message of 'Couldn't recognise you. Please sign in with your PIN.
I've reset Windows Hello; I don't know how many times and still the problem persists.

I have upgraded all the drivers to the latest version (newest versions were upgraded a couple of days ago)

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Help!!!!

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't help with those problems specifically, but as I mentioned here, I had to replace my Surface 3 times, and once was become of the Hello camera. I've had the problem with the screen not coming back on as well, but never after a hard shut down.

Someone else in that thread said that a MS Store employee told him that Microsoft internally recalled all SP4s in stock and replaced them.

Long story short - save yourself the headache and get some new hardware!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon