SP4 fails yo wake from sleep quite often - help

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My surface pro 4 fails to wake quite often and its soooo annoying.

If I put it to sleep with VLC desktop app still open 100% fail to wake after 20 minutes.
If I have programs open it will usually fail to wake.
I have to hold the power down for 20 seconds to reset it. No indication in event manager to what the issue was that I can spot.

I can't find a pattern really it just likes to do it pretty much every time it sleeps for long enough. If have the keyboard attached the Fn light will light up and enable me to switch it off so the tablet much be there.
Also the biggest problem with it is the power will drain while its apparently asleep also. 30% easily for a night or a day if I leave it and forget to shutdown. I have an Acer w700 also and I can leave that to sleep for days with little drain.

I've seen others have the same problem. Anything I can check to determine if its a hardware fault of just a software glitch?

I have the i5, 128Gb SSD model

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My surface pro 4 fails to wake quite often and its soooo annoying.

If I put it to sleep with VLC desktop app still open 100% fail to wake after 20 minutes.
If I have programs open it will usually fail to wake.
I have to hold the power down for 20 seconds to reset it. No indication in event manager to what the issue was that I can spot.

I can't find a pattern really it just likes to do it pretty much every time it sleeps for long enough. If have the keyboard attached the Fn light will light up and enable me to switch it off so the tablet much be there.
Also the biggest problem with it is the power will drain while its apparently asleep also. 30% easily for a night or a day if I leave it and forget to shutdown. I have an Acer w700 also and I can leave that to sleep for days with little drain.

I've seen others have the same problem. Anything I can check to determine if its a hardware fault of just a software glitch?

I have the i5, 128Gb SSD model

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/surface-wont-turn-on-or-wake-from-sleep?os=windows-10

Based on this article: Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 grab three Intel updates for power management | Windows Central

Have you checked for updates in settings >update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes