Using your SP4 as a tablet

Flurrycat

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a new SP4 and while I really like it, I'm having a hard time sorting out how to arrange the hardware when using it as a tablet. If I fold the keyboard back and put in my lap, the keys are against my legs, and that's weird. I assume, as the keyboard is still connected, that I will accidentally type things (problematic), and I'll have to manually activate tablet mode (not a biggie). I know I can turn it around so the keys face the back of the device, or disconnect it completely--is that what most people do? Or is there some other arrangement I haven't thought of?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
When you fold the keyboard back, it automatically deactivates, so it's impossible to accidentally type something. I prefer to remove the keyboard when I know I'll be using the device as a tablet for more than 10 min.

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I have read that some people put on the keyboard backwards so when they use it the keys are against the body. Not sure if it brings any problems with it though.

Beco

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I flip the keyboard around so they're not exposed and against my legs. But if I know I'm going to be in pure tablet mode for awhile I just take the keyboard off.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a new SP4 and while I really like it, I'm having a hard time sorting out how to arrange the hardware when using it as a tablet. If I fold the keyboard back and put in my lap, the keys are against my legs, and that's weird. I assume, as the keyboard is still connected, that I will accidentally type things (problematic), and I'll have to manually activate tablet mode (not a biggie). I know I can turn it around so the keys face the back of the device, or disconnect it completely--is that what most people do? Or is there some other arrangement I haven't thought of?

As mentioned above, flipping the keyboard back will not cause you to type things.

Also, when you flip the keyboard back, the tablet can do into tablet mode automatically. You should not have to manually activate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes