MicroSD will read on everything but my Pro..

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I have a situation where my Pro is not recognizing the MicroSD when I put it in. I've connected it with an SD adapter to my laptop and also to my RT (card only in the RT's case), both of which are seeing the card just fine. Only on my Pro is the card not appearing as a drive at all. Are there any other avenues I may try with this card before I try getting the whole unit switched out? Thanks so much for your help.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to reboot your computer?

Do you have any other MicroSD cards lying around? I would take it to a Microsoft Store if you bought it there.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've tried rebooting a couple of times but still nothing works.

If nothing else, I did buy it at a Microsoft pop-up on launch day. Hopefully they will work with me if it comes to that.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Do you have other MicroSD cards to try? If they work, then the original card is bad. If they don't work, its an issue with the surface.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to pick up a small one at the store tomorrow to try it out. I've been meaning to get one for my mom's 620, anyway, so here's a good reason to do so. Wish me luck!

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, tried another brand new card this morning and got the same result. Spent about an hour with Microsoft support and we went through various routes including a refresh and ultimately an entire system reset. Neither worked, but the guy I spoke to phoned the Microsoft store I bought my Pro from and verified that an exchange would be okay before I made the drive out there. Within a few minutes, I got a shiny new Pro (though I botched the screen protector a bit this time...). First time in, the MicroSD was recognized. Not the ideal solution I really wanted, but I am thankful for Microsoft's great support with this product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon