The I got a Surface RT Thread

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
As an addendum....friend of mine bought the new Samsung tablet same day I got my Surface...took one look at mine and traded his in for a Surface RT the next day!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
As an addendum....friend of mine bought the new Samsung tablet same day I got my Surface...took one look at mine and traded his in for a Surface RT the next day!

Probably a wise choice given Samsung's recent announcement to pull out of the RT race. RT will live or die based on what Microsoft does with the Surface. It's the best selling and probably the only selling RT tablet.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Great thanks for the info which enhancement
I have bass boost, virtual surround and loudness equalization selected. On my surface the sound is pretty good now. But if I want to go really loud I have a monster clarity or even louder my Bose setup I connect. But for basics like YouTube and such this helped tremendously.

P.s sorry for the late respond.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought one this weekend at my local Staples store... they had just gotten them in Thursday and only had the pro and 32 GB rt with touch cover so that's what I chose. $691 later I'm glad I picked it up. Took it off the charger today and gave it a good 5 hours heavy usage taking notes in class and doing other work (didn't write a single thing all day thanks to this :D) and arrived home with about 40% battery. Very impressive, this is the ultimate productivity device imho! Not to mention all the interest by my friends (the same ones who love my WP devices but never buy them).

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
After weeks of reading and watching reviews, took my decision and ordered one , received it today, really impressed with the build quality and screen colors and performance, I have already ativ smart pc pro, so was no need for surface pro, as I needed longer battery life

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine today and I'm super excited! :D I ordered it without the TouchCover because the store I ordered it from had a great deal for the 32GB version without it. I am thinking about buying a blue TouchCover but I'm not sure so I want to know what you think. Is it worth buying a TouchCover?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine today and I'm super excited! :D I ordered it without the TouchCover because the store I ordered it from had a great deal for the 32GB version without it. I am thinking about buying a blue TouchCover but I'm not sure so I want to know what you think. Is it worth buying a TouchCover?

I prefer the Type cover when it comes to typing. I guess that's kind of a "no duh!" thing.

The advantage of the Touch cover is that when you're holding the tablet with the cover wrapped around the back, you don't feel any keys.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to those getting rt's.. I have a red touch cover.. That I will sell cheap as I am a Chelsea fan and I want cyan.. If you looking to pay retail.. Check eBay.. Got mine for like 65.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I was waiting for a Nokia Tablet but I honestly got sick of waiting. So I took the chance and grabbed the 64GB Surface RT with a Type Cover (sorry, the touch one is terrible to write long texts which is what I do) for 579€. Now I'm just waiting for Microsoft to dispatch it...

(yeah, I could have waited 10 days and get the Pro...but I ain't spending over 1000€ on a tablet. Legacy programs I run on my PC which is way more powerful than the Pro. And was cheaper lol :p )

Dr Widdleguy

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Week late, but I got my 32GB Surface RT last week when I forced Best Buy to match Staples pricing. :) I was like a kid in a candy store the second I walked out the store with it. To be honest, I haven't put it down yet. Except for the few times my sister has managed to get a hold of it. -.- (She even put her live account on it as well).

winrtpro

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
So I picked up a slightly use Surface RT from Craigslist last night and I am liking it so far. It's taking a little getting use to but overall very satisfied with it.

I still have six months left on the warranty, the guy never used this thing I can't believe it. So I got the surface 32g and wedge mouse for $300. All in original packaging and receipts.

So as I use it more I will provide updates on the forum. I love the onscreen keyboard it's sweet...

foxik_suomi

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine yesterday. Gonna use it while on a trip instead of laptop that is amazing but only sliiightly heavy :D Happy with it so far! It was a really good choice.

Jon_1051

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I got one from my fianc? as a got into grad school/anniversary gift. Used my student email and got a 64 gb RT with type cover at a ridiculously good price. Toss in the Microsoft Care and I have smooth sailing for the next 2 years of grad school. Love this tablet. Can't put it down. Probably will look for a good stylus to use on occasion for drawing and jotting down notes. The type cover is pretty awesome with some getting used to. Can't wait to start classes with my new all-in-one notebook, textbook, reference source, lecture recorder, etc..

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Welp, I'm a little on this but oh well :smile:.

I got my 64 GB with Type Cover waaaay back in March. I'm a journalist so the portability, type cover, and the inclusion of Office made the purchase a no-brainer. I plan on pairing it with a Lumia 928 when my upgrade comes along in August.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It's in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

And I'm so anxious to get it, can't wait. Dunno how well I'm gonna sleep and dunno how I'm gonna wait for the UPS to get here.

Free shipping from Staples or 17$ shipping from Microsoft. :| Also, Microsoft kept erroring out on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon