android to wm have a few questions

grittygrind9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I made the jump from my android Droid RAZR MAXX to the Nokia Lumia 900. I have been hacking, rooting and creating roms for android phones as long as I can remember wo I consider myself pretty cell phone savy. But I feel like a complete newbie with this new phone. My first question is what are the files called? Like android files are called .apk ? Also is there a website like 4shared to find these files? did there are any former android users here than can give me some insights that would be great. Maybe even a link to a article or video to making the transition. Thanks everyone in advance and hopefully I can be a help someday soon in answering other newbie's questions:D

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Application files are XAPs. But they can only be downloaded from the Windows Phone Marketplace (being renamed Store as I type), unless your device is developer unlocked. The is currently no jailbreak or custom ROM available for the Nokia 900.

Developer unlocking for the L900 can only be accomplished currently by registering in the Microsoft App Hub ($99/year) which allows you develop and offer apps in the Marketplace, and also sideload your own creations, or XAPs from XDA-Developers for example. You can also get a free App Hub membership if you are a student (not sure of all the details).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster