WIndows text messaging app options

AtomStellar

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all
I'm a droid user and awaiting the 1020. Never used a Windows phone until today (tested out the 920) and went into the app store and couldn't find any options for changing the text messaging. I use Go SMS and need to hide txts from women and that snoop in my phone. Also need to have hidden texts go into a private box is this an option with windows software?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello all
I'm a droid user and awaiting the 1020. Never used a Windows phone until today (tested out the 920) and went into the app store and couldn't find any options for changing the text messaging. I use Go SMS and need to hide txts from women and that snoop in my phone. Also need to have hidden texts go into a private box is this an option with windows software?

lol sounds like you need to change women dude. Or quit doing things that you need to hide.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I respectfully disagree with all of the above posts. There are a few options for private SMS and private chat message applications, which require pins and where the entire application is encrypted, to allow to you to accomplish exactly what you'd like. Again, you'd have to download the different applications to try them out to see which one suits your needs best but YES there are options to allow for private SMS/messaging. I cannot give an exact recommendation because I don't know specifically which would suit your specific needs best. Just look up 'private messaging' in the Windows Store; you will find them.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I respectfully disagree with all of the above posts. There are a few options for private SMS and private chat message applications, which require pins and where the entire application is encrypted, to allow to you to accomplish exactly what you'd like. Again, you'd have to download the different applications to try them out to see which one suits your needs best but YES there are options to allow for private SMS/messaging. I cannot give an exact recommendation because I don't know specifically which would suit your specific needs best. Just look up 'private messaging' in the Windows Store; you will find them.

There are apps like WhatsApp/Viber, but AFAIK there is no application on WP that can completely replace the OS' built in SMS app and take over its functions. From what I know it would be impossible for an app to access the SMS database.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
There are apps like WhatsApp/Viber, but AFAIK there is no application on WP that can completely replace the OS' built in SMS app and take over its functions. From what I know it would be impossible for an app to access the SMS database.

Correct for SMS you can only use the built in app and it has no way to move texts etc.

Welcome to the forums AtomStellar, Feel free to post any questions you have in the forums.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Atom, welcome to WPCentral! For a specific question like this, try asking in the WP apps forum, you might get some replies from people that have faced a similar situation.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard. When you search for an app, if you preview one, make sure to scroll all the way to the right and check the "related" apps. You may find what you're looking for there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb