Not a happy wp8 user after coming from iOS!

Zihad al amin

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I am a mac user. Syncing media with wp is bad, i believe very bad. I cant insert photo, yeah i can,but from iPhoto which i don't like! Install windows 8.1 via parallel, but yet again file explorer doesn't show my phone!!
My iPhone 5 was pretty awesome! I want something refreshing & buy lumia 925! I wish i will get iPhone again!! 😌

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I migrated from Android and yes WP8 is not complete but you should have done research before moving from iPhone. It is not easy to move a new platform, specially when some of your apps are not available.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you installed W8.1 on your Mac then WP will work with it effortlessly. You need to allow the drivers for the phone to finish installing once you hook it up to USB.

Also there's the WP app available for W8.1 which should automatically install once you hook up the phone. It will be on the Start screen.

Once everything is setup you should be able to move files around fairly easily as you wish.

Now, I have no idea how well a Mac handles W8.1 so unless it blocks certain things it should act like W8.1, which means all this should be automatic. I'm going to assume you have the latest version of Parallels? I also assume you have a legal full version of W8.1?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I would never recommend a windows phone to someone who uses a mac. Sure it can work, but mac products work so well together. Btw, I don't really like macs.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a 1020. I can't even take a photo without the yellow tint.
off-topic and not helpful to the OP.

Does Mac let Windows 8 running via Parallels install drivers needed? Did you try to install the Windows Phone to Mac app to your computer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss