Hello WP Lovers!

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Im Jordan and am 16. I love Windows Phone, Windows and Xbox, and I use Office and all of Microsoft's other services to help me with my education etc.
Like everyone else, I have Windows Phone 8.1 and I love Cortana and even though the start screen is a bit laggy on my Lumia 520 after the update, it is bearable.

I love Windows on my tablet (Windows RT) but I have a love-hate relationship with it on my laptop with Windows 8.1. In my opinion, the Update on April 8th was not enough, and I wanted something a little more like this:
windows-8.1.png

Thanks for letting me join these forums!

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
more kb&m friendly changes will come in the next windows 8.1 update or maybe 9. I'm personally waiting for 9 before going from 7

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows 8.1 is just fine for me. They could bring back the start or leave it gone and it would be OK. All I know is, if my very and I do mean very non technical wife could use 8.1 without missing a beat, anyone can or they don't want to. Plenty folk around that know what they know and will not learn anything new. BTW, Welcome to the best forum in tech.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahoy welcome aboard, Chris here - 17.

But hey, if you want a start menu, you can literally install one app and voila. Start menu! I believe Classic Shell, Startisback, and Start8 are the famous ones.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral. What you're looking for in Windows 8.1 is coming, but no solid time frame yet. They're coming back with a start menu, and the metro apps will be able to run in windows (small w). Unfortunately, I can't tell you when.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2