Finally!! Video editing on a Windows Phone with the Lumia 1020

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
By now the entire globe is abuzz with Nokia's new hero phone and the amazing pictures it takes with that 41 megapixel, backside illuminated, 2nd generation image stabilized magic that only the finns could pull off so far. But what I am just as exited about is the video capability and the fact that Nokia's new Pro camera software allows you to trim video's quickly and easily! Nokia's pro camera app comes pre installed on the 1020 but will be available via update to other pureview Lumia's also. Am I the only one that thinks video editing is Long overdue and sorely missed on windows phone or is it really not that big a deal and something most of you wont really use anyway?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think there will be those who will use it. Many just take videos to upload or send to friends. But being able to edit will help just getting what you want to upload or send without waiting to get home. And there are those serious users that will really enjoy playing around with the editing.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Quickly trimming the clip you just took before you share it will help upload speed, data costs (still a issue here in South Africa) and also take up less space when you save it. I love Windows Phone but basic video editing should be native in the OS, its Like Nokia is fed up of Microsoft's limitations. Lets hope this is only the first of many video editing solutions for our platform and that even more advanced editing functionality will come from Microsoft, OEM's as well as 3rd party developers, that might be a bit too optimistic right now though.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Quickly trimming the clip you just took before you share it will help upload speed, data costs (still a issue here in South Africa) and also take up less space when you save it. I love Windows Phone but basic video editing should be native in the OS, its Like Nokia is fed up of Microsoft's limitations. Lets hope this is only the first of many video editing solutions for our platform and that even more advanced editing functionality will come from Microsoft, OEM's as well as 3rd party developers, that might be a bit too optimistic right now though.

I agree... it's a nice addition, even if it's just basic trimming. Just the other day I took a lengthy video at a concert, but I didn't want to upload the whole thing to FB, since it's a private party at work, but there was one segment I wanted to share that was "safe". Unfortunately, had to connect up to PC, sync it, edit it in Windows Movie Maker, and then upload it.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Perfect example! most of the time the biginning and end of a video clip you take is not relevant or extra, I'm glad Nokia realized this and gave us a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234