I'm a big fan of windows phone, I still use the Lumia 1020 , because of camera quality especially du

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm a big fan of windows phone, I still use the Lumia 1020 , because of camera quality especially during low light. I want to buy a new windows phone, but in my country there is only HP Elite X3 available on sale... And the price is too expensive. I also expect the price of Surface Phone (Surface Mobile) would be much more expensive than HP Elite X3. Because Microsoft is targeting for Business Market. The question is, if Samsung Note 8 exist in the Year 2017...is it worth for me to buy? Because in my opinion they have a good quality camera (based on quality camera of Samsung Note 7).. Note 8 also have a pens with interesting functions. I'm not bothered if it exploded and the price is quite cheaper than HP Elite X3. Warranty for the Samsung Product in my country also quite good.

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I would like to know the opinion from users of Windows Phone, they might have experience using the Android Phone or Samsung Note 7. If I asked on Android Phone Fans, of course they will give a positive opinion only. Because they are clearly Android Phone fans.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well alrighty then.
Actually sounds to me like you've already made up your mind.

Windows users may recommend Windows phones because they are fans.
Why not get actual usage experience from people who use Android specifically the Samsung users?

Not all Android users are that self serving in my opinion.
I think you'll find tech fans enjoy tech across all platforms.

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
It looks like I've made a decision, but I'm still undecided. As I said earlier, in my country the only Windows Phone is HP Elite X 3 in sales. It seems to me like there was no other choice. If Lumia Phone is still there, of course, the situation will not be as complicated as this.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
How can anyone tell you if note 8 worth it or not if no one saw it you have to wait until they announce it then decide what you are going to do

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I still don't get why you are asking here :)

Ah well more fun for us I guess.

Frankly I'm not a fan of Samsung Android devices due to cost.
I'm guessing the cost per phone of the S8/N8 line may even be higher now because of the N7 debacle.

For myself there are much better Android options in the midrange as far as I see.

So there you have some analysis from a WM/Android user...

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Let me give my input here as I was a longtime(4 years) Windows Phone user from the HTC Titan, Samsung Focus to the Lumia 920 and 1020 (which I just repurchased this year actually). First I think its way premature to consider buying a device that hasn't even been unveiled yet but if you want to base it off the Samsung camera success of 2016 WITH the combination of getting an excellent phone without sacrificing camera quality at what we're guessing(we could be wrong) will be cheaper than a competing 2017 flagship phone from Microsoft, I can confidently tell you to save up or just be ready to upgrade to Android next year. While I don't personally own a Samsung phone I do have the LG V20 and the camera quality and software has seriously outgrown anythibg on any Windows Phone outside of the coveted Rich Capture tech. On my phone alone there's options for focus peaking, manual shutter speeds of up to 30 seconds(https://flic.kr/p/CzFjgC from last year's V10) and live viewfinder changes in ISO and shutter speed(where you don't have to guess how the changes will affect the shot before taking the picture) and also manual white balance changes. Everything happens real time. Samsung's Pro Mode is just as good as what LG offers. I would say hold on to the L1020 and wait to see what Samsung has planned for the smaller Galaxy S8 and see if Microsoft really brings the noise with the Surface Phone. I'm actually looking for a worthy phone to return to Windows Phone but the OS is the other part of the equation. The app situation has to change before I can make that commitment again. If you do end up going with Samsung or even some other really great devices thst dont break the bank like the One Plus 3/T or Axon 7, you will definitely see the difference between the rich ecosystem of Android and the Windows 10 Store.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Also one last thing, if Microsoft does make a Surface Phone and targets it at consumers instead of business they just may price it competitively to keep fans interested and attract new users so you may decide to stay with Windows 10. Just a thought.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My other point was that I hope Microsoft continues to evolve the camera possibilites for Windows Phone fans. It was once the leader and only available manual controls for smartphone photography, and now it lags behind the competition. I'm still holding out hope for a true Lumia 1020 successor with the tech and specs the original deserved but what a few years too early in the smartphone space. Every time I use the Lumia 1020 I realize just how much more they could've gotten out of that sensor with today's hardware and more advanced software processing.

Last edited:

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Well if you have friends or family who can procure the Lumia 950/XL for you from US or Canada, that seems as the most viable solution. The phones are extremely cheap and the return you get with a 3GB RAM, Snapdragron 808/810, 20MP Camera and a great flagship device for less than $300. I would say it is a super bargain.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
950 or 950 XL , i'm sure you can let relative or someone in USA get it for you, I live in Caribbean and I normally order online from Microsoft USA website and use courier company to bring items in. I've had 950 ,girl now using that , now using 950 XL , no regrets.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Well if you have friends or family who can procure the Lumia 950/XL for you from US or Canada, that seems as the most viable solution. The phones are extremely cheap and the return you get with a 3GB RAM, Snapdragron 808/810, 20MP Camera and a great flagship device for less than $300. I would say it is a super bargain.

As one who went from a 1020 to 950XL I would agree with that. If camera is an issue (as it was for me) the 950XL does not disappoint. In some ways it is superior to the 1020 camera.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh and see about getting the Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows unlocked. Seems like a really great device. I got some hands on time with it in store and it was a really nice experience. And it's a top quality, low cost device.

isaac lee ishida

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all opinions and advice. If Surface Phone exist, I hope the price is still in the range of affordable to buy. And I hope Surface Phone will be announced in September next year. I knew that the camera technology owned by Microsoft among the best, that's why I'm reluctant to switch to Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria