Accesories thread

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Any idea for a good color for a case on black lumia 1020?

As good as white looks - anything BUT white. It gets absolutely filthy after about three weeks.. But yeah white looks the best.
My next choice would be bright green (for that alienware style look), red or Blue. Stick to any of those colours for an 'out there' kind of look.

Imho, Ive got a black 1520 with a black/dark grey case, which gives off a really nice stealthy/professional look.

It all depends what sort of look you are going for :)

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Should receive my black wireless charging cover in the mail soon... I'm going to wire a charging pad under the panels of my car. Now there's your "magic" Apple...lol

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think my mail carrier has issues. I haven't revived my cover and there is no tracking info. Looks like I might be calling the seller this week.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Nokia-Charger-DC-18-SDL384953530-1-30d84.jpg Although its Not Stated a 1020 Accessory i Recently purchased a Nokia DC-18 Universal Portable USB Charger mainly for use as a backup when im hiking.

These are quite good priced(GBP 9.95@amazon)
They small lightweight & come in range of colours ,they even have a white 4 led power level indicator similar to what the camera grip has.

Product stats says it has a
1720mah lithium battery,
in testing i first run my 1020 completely empty (switch off state) & plugged this in, it charged the phone for approximately 100 mins until it was empty & no-longer charging,
i then checked the phone battery status & showed its charge level was upto 56% which isn't great but considering the size of the thing its ok (57x57 & 14.9mm thick).

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, i am using Lumia 1020 and I will buy Plantronics Marque 2 M165. I would know if anyone using a bluetooth with his Lumia, to learn if it drains a lot of battery or not? And is there any tip I have to know, for example how to save battery...

Thank you....

NokiaBeast

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a great StilGut case for my L1020 off of Amazon.

Amazon.com: StilGut "Talis" Wallet, Book Type Genuine Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 1020, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a good quality leather case with a cover for the camera too. I modified it so I can use wireless charging with it by removing the plastic phone holder and using loctite adhesive for fabric, leather and plastic to glue my Nokia charging case where the original phone holder was attached. Works perfectly and looks original too.

armandojv

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has seen it before. But I once saw on Flickr a 1020 with an external flash added through the 3.5mm headphone jack. I really need this and I just cant seem to find it anywhere for purchase.

Thatway

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has seen it before. But I once saw on Flickr a 1020 with an external flash added through the 3.5mm headphone jack. I really need this and I just cant seem to find it anywhere for purchase.

Could maybe be the one at iblazr[dot]com ?

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Any idea for a good color for a case on black lumia 1020?
I got a black beauty because it goes well with lots of color cases. I have orange, teal, purple, and navy blue (leather) cases, and a yellow grip: they all look great. Of course, I change the theme color with each case. :winktongue:

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It's been a year, and so I just replaced my white (now discoloured into light brown) Nillkin hard matte case + bundled clear-type screen protector, with a white TPU case + bundled clear-type screen protector.

Nillkin case + screen protector: Lelong link

TPU case + screen protector: Lelong link

In short:
TPU
+ clear case. can see through the body's lovely colour
+ covers the rear, sides, AND top & bottom area
+ covers the camera bump
- slightly thicker than nillkin
- might deform if frequent removal/installing the case, since it's quite tight to get the phone in at first attempt
* bundled screen protector doesn't cover the front camera area, but covers the ambient sensor area. good/bad?

Nillkin
+ very thin but good quality
+ sleek design, rugged/matte texture, easy on the hands/grip-wise
+ covers the camera bump
- doesn't cover the phone's top and bottom area, which are exposed and prone to damage
- white colour will discolour into light brown (in time)
* bundled screen protector doesn't cover the front camera and the ambient sensor area. good/bad?

thecozz1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
On the camera grip issues. Love the idea of the grip for tripod use. So there are actually two available.

One made by nokia- this one has a camera button that actually drains battery charge while in the grip. The battery size is small and doesn't give much charge, couple with its battery draining camera button. It also muffles sound somewhat from the speaker. It can however be mounted on a tripod, which I very useful.

Mugen also makes a grip. This design is much more elegant, doesn't block the speaker, has a huge battery, and does not drain phone battery as it allows use of camera button on phone. Unfortunately it cannot be threaded onto a tripod.

I wish just once nokia/miscrosoft could just give us one great design. Not a compromise as with the Lumia 1020 not being overall better than the 808.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes