Finally joined the "41 million reasons" club!

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my 1020 today!! All I can is AMAZING!!

This phone is gorgeous, much lighter than the 920, love the LED screen and awesome camera. Overall it is so much better than my 920. Even the vibration is better.

Hahahaha, the vibration on 920.. how can I forget that!! Took 3 phones to fix that. But I actually miss that heavy, reassuring feel of my 920.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup, all Lumia 1020s (in the US, at least) come with a free poster print-out. Thanks for reminding me, by the way, I had forgotten about that. I scored some OUTSTANDING photos in Hawaii while on my trip. My room is space themed (see age in signature, before people think I'm crazy), and one of the photos I took of stars would look AWESOME on my wall.

My poster is already on its way. It wasn't taken with 1020 but a professional photographer picture from our engagement portraits. My wife'd love it.

Th3 I3LooD

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea I am in the same boat... My Lumia 800 finally ****ed up after the 200559382666534th death drop, it survived 17 months... THING IS! do you take the megapixels or CPU!!! I think I'm just getting the 1020 Coz I CAN NOT BE STUCK ON 7.8 ANY LONGER!!!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My poster is already on its way. It wasn't taken with 1020 but a professional photographer picture from our engagement portraits. My wife'd love it.

I had my free 20x30 print done of one of the older images I had of my trophy winning Intrepid (one of my other prized possessions!) Original pic from a Canon Rebel DSLR, then obviously heavily edited in photoshop... the free poster comes on high quality Epson photo paper. Very nice.

WP_20131004_17_05_52_Pro.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The regular price for a print this size isn't bad at all, so I'm happy to have the 1020 now and this service available to use.

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yup, all Lumia 1020s (in the US, at least) come with a free poster print-out. Thanks for reminding me, by the way, I had forgotten about that. I scored some OUTSTANDING photos in Hawaii while on my trip. My room is space themed (see age in signature, before people think I'm crazy), and one of the photos I took of stars would look AWESOME on my wall.

Where can we see your 1020 Hawaii Pictures?

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually torn between this and the 1520. I'm considering the XX30 rehashes, but the thing is, I tried the 1020 in an indoor shot, and the noise was unusually high. Is it just me or the screen? I plan to use my next WP for media creation (photography and videography) and that's where the line is drawn. 1020 offers unmatchable quality and low-light detection, but the 1520 on the other hand has 4 HAAC mics but with a lower resolution sensor. Heck, I don't even know the low-light capabilities of this. The S4 in the 1020 also concerns me for future updates as the 800 gives me the impression it'll take on the next wave of updates without losing features. Side note, I love the AMOLED on my S4 but the SLCD on my 8S gets the job done with pleasing saturation, so screen will also affect my decision. (I am very dependent on a microSD card, but only the 1520 has it.)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Where can we see your 1020 Hawaii Pictures?

Ahh, I keep meaning to put them in an album in SkyDrive, so many people clamoring for the photos! Sadly, I'm being held back by laziness, I just don't want to organize them all (WiFi access was spotty throughout the trip, so the pictures got uploaded in some very strange orders, and some didn't upload at all [safely backed up on my laptop, however]).

But yeah, anyways, I keep meaning to organize them, lots of people are dying for the photos. I have homework, however. Maybe once I finish it this evening, I'll get on the daunting task of getting it all organized.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually torn between this and the 1520. I'm considering the XX30 rehashes, but the thing is, I tried the 1020 in an indoor shot, and the noise was unusually high. Is it just me or the screen? I plan to use my next WP for media creation (photography and videography) and that's where the line is drawn. 1020 offers unmatchable quality and low-light detection, but the 1520 on the other hand has 4 HAAC mics but with a lower resolution sensor. Heck, I don't even know the low-light capabilities of this. The S4 in the 1020 also concerns me for future updates as the 800 gives me the impression it'll take on the next wave of updates without losing features. Side note, I love the AMOLED on my S4 but the SLCD on my 8S gets the job done with pleasing saturation, so screen will also affect my decision. (I am very dependent on a microSD card, but only the 1520 has it.)

Indoor shots are a frequented complaint on the Lumia 1020, it's supposedly going to have the algorithms improved with the Lumia Black firmware. But since Lumia Black also brings RAW support, that means you can let more professional photo editing software handle the processing on indoor shots, and anything else, for that matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon