Nokia Lumia 1020 battery problems?

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
BTW my phona usually doesn't take any longer than an hour to full charge from about 10-20%,so its super fast charging, and also, my phone is SUPER HOT RIGHT NOW during charging, its like not melt anything hot but really hot nonetheless, I'm using it while its charging and it only gets hot when I charge it

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
BTW my phona usually doesn't take any longer than an hour to full charge from about 10-20%,so its super fast charging, and also, my phone is SUPER HOT RIGHT NOW during charging, its like not melt anything hot but really hot nonetheless, I'm using it while its charging and it only gets hot when I charge it

My phone is the same. It charges from 10% to full in under an hour and gets extremely hot in the process. I'm having battery discharge problems too. I can't get the phone to last more than 14 hours in standby. I tried factory resets, switching SIM cards and a day in flight mode but the phone discharges at a minimum of 7% no matter what. Worse still, I sent the phone to a service centre (Flextronics in Canada) and they sent it back in the same condition. They claim to have installed a new battery but nothing has improved. A friend off mine gets over 2 days of battery life from his 1020 when in standby. There are definitely some defective units, but good luck trying to get Nokia to admit that.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone is the same. It charges from 10% to full in under an hour and gets extremely hot in the process. I'm having battery discharge problems too. I can't get the phone to last more than 14 hours in standby. I tried factory resets, switching SIM cards and a day in flight mode but the phone discharges at a minimum of 7% no matter what. Worse still, I sent the phone to a service centre (Flextronics in Canada) and they sent it back in the same condition. They claim to have installed a new battery but nothing has improved. A friend off mine gets over 2 days of battery life from his 1020 when in standby. There are definitely some defective units, but good luck trying to get Nokia to admit that.

from when I went to sleep last night at 90% I woke up at 83% (EVERYTHING disabled) I also removed a ton of games last night and disabled alot of features, if I do anything else I won't be able to use my phone. I'm getting very annoyed because I love this phone very much, I just don't know what else to do anymore

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
90% to 83% overnight sounds amazing! I go from 100% to 60% when I wake up 6 hours later

you need to completely discharge your phone 3-5 times and NEVER leave your phone on charge over night because you don't wanna overcharge it, try to do it in the morning asap the phone charges very very fast, follow those and your life should be quite better

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've diagnosed the bad battery life by low 4G / LTE signal, whenever I have more than 4 bars of either my life is tremendous, while I was asleep my phone was constantly searching for signal so the battery discharge was abnormal for my phone.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So last night after charging my phone to 100% and going to sleep, while turning data off completely in an area that has no LTE 4G tower my phone this morning after I woke up was 100% !!!
So that would explain why I have such horrid battery life where I am. I live with two parents (mom and dad) and my dad lives in the country (horrible signal) and my mom in the city (great signal and battery life) if this helps anyone please tell me.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay idk what I did but I've never been so happy with my battery life. I've been taking photos for the past hour at a habbachi restaurant and I've only lost 4% taking almost 30 photos. Omg Nokia I have faith in your batteries once more

Commander Fresh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, LTE isn't the problem for me. Battery life does not seem to improve even when the device is turned off, and it still drains in 20 hours. More than likely, there's a defect in my device.

sakada

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when I first got my phone. It would charge at 50% and hour and would get abnormally hot. I did a full reset and only installed battery sense. This brought down the discharge rate from 5-6% per hour on standby to 2-3% per hour, and charge at a slower rate. I turned off 3G (my country does not have 4G) and only use 2G (edge). This reduce the standby discharge rate to 0.8% per hour. I took it on a trip and used flight mode the whole time, it lasted me 3 days with light to moderate use ( taking pictures and uploading to Instagram on wifi ).
Now I use it on 3G with a few apps in the background and the discharge rate is at around 2.5% per hour but would spike whenever I use any apps that requires the internet.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Nokia has an ongoing quality control problem. I went through at least 5 920's due to hardware or software defects. I received a 1020 replacement that has what I now consider "typical Nokia battery drain issues."

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when I first got my phone. It would charge at 50% and hour and would get abnormally hot. I did a full reset and only installed battery sense. This brought down the discharge rate from 5-6% per hour on standby to 2-3% per hour, and charge at a slower rate. I turned off 3G (my country does not have 4G) and only use 2G (edge). This reduce the standby discharge rate to 0.8% per hour. I took it on a trip and used flight mode the whole time, it lasted me 3 days with light to moderate use ( taking pictures and uploading to Instagram on wifi ).
Now I use it on 3G with a few apps in the background and the discharge rate is at around 2.5% per hour but would spike whenever I use any apps that requires the internet.

I installed the new iFruit app last night and did some heavy usage for about an hour and brought it down to about 61% and I had the app accidentally open over night and lost only 3% more, so its definitely alot better, I haven't done anything more than a soft reset and I don't wanna do any hard resets but well see as time tells.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
with moderate use throughout the day I am still at 46% mostly this app cause the most discharge, especially coming on here and commenting, but still very slowly discharge, this is my third day on the same charge. Am truly in love with my new battery life

nehmek

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So what changed for you to suddenly get such good battery life? Is your data connection always off now? I was at 100% at 8AM, now its 3PM and I'm at 40%. My usage today : downloaded one app, made 2 short calls (1 minute each), read 2 emails and replied to some whatsapp messages.
Location, bluetooth and nfc are off, wifi, data and glance (timed) are on. My reception is pretty strong too at 4-5 bars for cellular and full bars for wifi

Dimble

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
with moderate use throughout the day I am still at 46% mostly this app cause the most discharge, especially coming on here and commenting, but still very slowly discharge, this is my third day on the same charge. Am truly in love with my new battery life

it's nice to know you already had a good battery life after some usage, but i have a question though. when do you charge your phone? when it hit below 20% or 40% or something? and when you charge, do you always make sure that it is at full 100%?

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
on My Lumia 920 and 1020 i have disabled all background jobs, disabled tap to wake. swtiched off bluetooth ,cellular connection/wifi. Switch it on when i need to. i get life of about 24-36 hours...

My only complaint is the build quality of Nokia's has gone down the drain. they are not rugged as they used to be and WP8 is dragging it down. My N8 with 32MB internal memory and 8GB on SD card feels more rugged and does more cool stuff.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
it's nice to know you already had a good battery life after some usage, but i have a question though. when do you charge your phone? when it hit below 20% or 40% or something? and when you charge, do you always make sure that it is at full 100%?

I usually charge it right after or before it hits twenty percent and charge it till hundred and leave it an extra few minutes just to make sure

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So what changed for you to suddenly get such good battery life? Is your data connection always off now? I was at 100% at 8AM, now its 3PM and I'm at 40%. My usage today : downloaded one app, made 2 short calls (1 minute each), read 2 emails and replied to some whatsapp messages.
Location, bluetooth and nfc are off, wifi, data and glance (timed) are on. My reception is pretty strong too at 4-5 bars for cellular and full bars for wifi

glance is off, location services is off, make sure background tasks are disabled and also try a few soft resets and I never use WiFi, always LTE and if I'm in places with low signal I turn off data completely in settings, I've downloaded probably over a gig in apps called a few times no longer than five.minutes and texted a bunch and I'm just bow at around thirty percent, I was at 50% less than 12 hours ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes