Lumia 1020 3D Printed Car Dock

itrooper

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I know this is really specific and most people won't be able to take advantage of this but I thought I would share just in case someone wanted to try it for themselves.

I designed and 3D printed a car dock for my Lumia 1020. I use an Otterbox Defender case with my 1020 so the dock fits this case. I also use a ProClip/Brodit mounting system for my car and this dock works with my mount. The dock might work for other cases if you change the scale of the print to meet your needs. I also did not put mounting holes in the dock by design so it could be used in the most possible applications such as a desktop dock or mounted on another car mount solution. It is really easy to drill holes in the plastic so you can customize based on what you need.

In terms of 3D printing, it is a really easy object to print. Support material was not required and on my MakerBot Replicator 2X it took about 2 hours at low quality. You can see images of the dock and the instructions to print it on Thingiverse here: Nokia Lumia 1020 w/Otterbox Dock by gibv2003 - Thingiverse

I am working on the design for version two with some ergonomic touches and a bit more room for the case/phone itself. I will update when I am done.

I have attached a copy of the .stl file so those of you that want to can tinker with it or modify how you see fit and print your own.

Thanks,
itrooper

For the person who asked, here is a photo. The zipped file contains no photos, it contains the .stl file needed to print the file.

WP_20131209_11_37_51_Pro_preview_featured.jpg

WP_20131209_11_37_59_Pro_preview_featured.jpg

Attachments

• 1020 Dock V1.8.stl.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos