Bluetooth & Wifi Dead

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
WP 1020 Error - YouTube
What kind of error is this, device was fine until 31st December evening, did 25 or so soft resets and a hard reset, still same.

Never rooted/hacked, mailed nokia, anyone experiencing same sh*t after AT&T update?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
if you got this problem directly after an update, then it may be due to bad firmware (e.g corrupted). otherwise it could bb due to loose wifi-Bluetooth antenna.
you could try downloading the appropriate rom for your phone and flash it again or send it to nokia care or in your case to at&t if you don't intend to ruin your warranty.

I had an iPhone with the same problem wifi grayed out and it happened to be a wide spread problem. It happened directly after updating my iPhone, and the phone stayed without wifi for about 1 year until I iOS7. If that is your case then it's due to bad firmware. else, antenna connection is loose.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
one more thing I forgot to mention, soft and hard resets wont do anything as it is not related to the OS (most probably).

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I managed to flash my phone with the same product code, flashed it twice and the problem appeared like Sauron (LOTR Villain), out of nowhere!
Tried flashing Rogers Rom, no luck as it throwed FFU not matching error

The problem started only after Lumia Black update, it was working smooth as butter before that. I did install Preview for developers before installing Official Lumia Black.

Should I flash the Light Swap Engine rom?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The problem started only after Lumia Black update, it was working smooth as butter before that. I did install Preview for developers before installing Official Lumia Black.
Should I flash the Light Swap Engine rom?

Here is a link to help you find roms for your 1020.

I haven't flashed a wp8 rom before, so I'm not familiar with the process. However, your problem needs an upgrade or downgrade of the firmware related to Bluetooth and WiFi, since the black update introduces BT 4.0 LE. try unsubscribing to prev for developers app and check for any updates. Theoretically, the only possible fix is with firmware update. This is done through updates or flashing roms (risky).

Check if Indian, French, Middle East Roms work on your phone.

I know how you feel. I had this problem before but on a different OS.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is a link to help you find roms for your 1020.

I haven't flashed a wp8 rom before, so I'm not familiar with the process. However, your problem needs an upgrade or downgrade of the firmware related to Bluetooth and WiFi, since the black update introduces BT 4.0 LE. try unsubscribing to prev for developers app and check for any updates. Theoretically, the only possible fix is with firmware update. This is done through updates or flashing roms (risky).

Check if Indian, French, Middle East Roms work on your phone.

I know how you feel. I had this problem before but on a different OS.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, have done the following.

Flashed a 1020 AT&T Rom on the device twice, the wifi was fine initially but borked out later, has a mind of its own.
Tried flashing a Rogers rom on the device, won't allow me to. I do remember that I did not unsubscribe from the preview before applying the black update.
I do believe this is a firmware glitch because the phone was smooth as silk before crashing in on black.
Seems subscribing to the preview screwed it up, or maybe AT&T's OTA update was a screwup?

I cannot flash anything except AT&T because my device is RM-877, unlike 920's you have to stay under the family (877 in my case)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon