WiFi not automatically Connecting to known networks (home & work).

Andy Dunikowski

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
No problems until recently. I've noticed at Home & Work where I spend 90% of my time the WiFi has not connected (and I end up using my Data Plan). So once I notice it I have to connect manually and its fine. Both networks show up in advanced at "known".

Is this a "bug" caused by a recent update?

Sorry about the double post... failed attempt at editing.

Last edited:

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something strange this morning too. I was listening to the internet radio, but was not sure if my WiFi was On (did some tests yesterday, and had to turn it off). It happened to be On. In a second or two it showed "connected" at the same time the radio stopped! I re-connected the radio, and this time it took much longer to buffer, which gave me a vague suspicion it went through LTE before... Have to test more to be sure what is going on.

What would be a good test for this?

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine does connect automatically and I wish it wouldn't. It picks up BT pay to use WiFi when out and about, when I was trying to use cellular, so I have to keep switching off my WiFi to get rid of the BT home page.

Bry65Can

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The issue I am having is that my Lumia 920, with the new Black upgrade, will not connect to a secure wifi network. It connects fine to a open (guest) wifi network. Everything else I have seen about this issue is that it is a problem with the router. However, every other device I have connects perfectly fine. Any update on the issues in this thread?

the_dread

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
WP8 does not connect to certain wifi security systems (wep?). You should be ble to find details on Goigle. I had to change my router settings to a stronger security system so my 1020 would connect. Works great now.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
same issues for me, when I get home mine shows connected but I have to toggle wifi to get it to actually get anything from it. My wifi is very secure.........

Stevietoo

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue - Microsoft Lumia phone won't automatically reconnect to the home wifi, I have to select it and say 'connect'... and so I am using up my mobile data without knowing it.
Any fixes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon