Brand New Lumia 1020 not working

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I received a new Lumia 1020 for my wife on Thursday. On Friday I charged the battery and started updating the phone from 8.0 to 8.1. Since her old phone, the Lumia 920 was also on 8.1 it restored all of her apps, data, settings etc. So basically everything went like planed and the phone worked like a charm.
Today I'm picking up her phone to check how much battery was left and nothing happened, buttons are all dead. At first I thought the phone battery had died overnight. But when I plugged it in there was still a black screen. So I left it plugged in for a couple of hours thinking that an app may have drained the battery to a low state. But now the phone is still completely dead. None of the buttons work, simply nothing. So I can't even do a soft-reset or anything.
Is there a known issue or anything I can due before sending it back?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen on both mine and wife's phone and usually, I can take the battery out for a few minutes and all is well again. It's something with the initial update to 8.1 but has since resolved itself after getting the last couple of updates.

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen on both mine and wife's phone and usually, I can take the battery out for a few minutes and all is well again. It's something with the initial update to 8.1 but has since resolved itself after getting the last couple of updates.

Did you open the phone to take the battery out? I probably shouldn't do that with a brand new device or I might loose the warranty.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What i meant is when you connect to the PC, does the PC make a sound? You could actually try this, keep holding volume down when connecting to the USB hooked to the computer and se if it actually turns On or of you see any activity on the PC

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What i meant is when you connect to the PC, does the PC make a sound? You could actually try this, keep holding volume down when connecting to the USB hooked to the computer and se if it actually turns On or of you see any activity on the PC
No, there is no sound coming from the PC.
When I plug in the 1520 it does the typical "tab to choose what happens with this device" sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes