Denim Update on Lumia 1020

shibiyi

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the Lumia 1020 for a while now and i can say it is fantastic shooter when it comes to pictures. However we all are very familiar with the issue of the camera. Too slow to reset and take another round of pictures. The good news we heard was that the Lumia Denim will help us to smoothen things out. However those of us in Nigeria are yet to get this update. I am asking if other region have got theirs and how does it look and feel on the 1020.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This has been discussed on WindowsCentral in forums and articles. Sounds like Denim won't change anything with the camera on the 1020. In fact it sounds like Denim will actually do nothing for the 1020, other than change the "name" of the firmware in Settings>Extras+Info. And likely we'll be stuck with Lumia Camera Classic, not the new one. Still hoping for something but not getting my hopes up. The camera is terribly slow and frustrating.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You will soon get a new firmware, which is an improved Cyan one, rather than a "Denim" : no new features, but improved stability, specially concerning the freeze bugs.

Compared to a 520 whose firmware wasn't modified during the "Denim update" (they only received GDR1), the 1020 FW will have a more important change, "jumping" from 3051.50009.1424.xxxx to 3051.50009.1451.xxxx according to my sources.

But again, don't expect new features (except the ones shipped with the OS, like Cortana, etc.); camera-wise, I've been told that at least, the RAW geotagging bug (no geotags in .dng files) is fixed with the new firmware.

Beginning of roll out is expected this week, can't tell when it hits your specific variant though. The OS will be the very last GDR1.

shibiyi

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
The Nigerian window market has gotten the Lumia denim update. I got mine on the 13th of march 2015. While a friend of mine git his for the Lumia 930 last week. So i guess we all are good to go. Thanks Microsoft.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The Nigerian window market has gotten the Lumia denim update. I got mine on the 13th of march 2015. While a friend of mine git his for the Lumia 930 last week. So i guess we all are good to go. Thanks Microsoft.

Congrats on getting the update; I am still waiting for the damn ATT carrier to get their **** together and release a 1020 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk