When do pre-orders ship from the Microsoft Store?

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I gave up after 1/2 hour on hold. I'm used to calling MS for enterprise class support, which is a completely different experience.

MS needs to get their consumer retail act in order if they want to be in that kind of hardware :).

I had it on speaker phone but it still sux and it reflects very badly on MS.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
@razorguy
Just wanted to let you know that I laughed out loud when I read "amazeballs". I then found myself having to explain to my wife why I was laughing. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I've ever said the word "amazeballs" to my wife. lol :)

On another note, I'm hoping to get my 1520 early as well.... paid for two day shipping.

I called ms today and the answer is that shipments arent going on today but tomorrow sadly, i was hoping for a better answer, might get one at att who knows we will see tomorrow, because i maybe getting the 2520, even though not 100 percent sure, since i want the keyboard andthat is not available at launch.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My Microsoft order is canceled. If you are holding on to hope that your will get your device tomorrow you wont. Microsoft Store will ship these devices tomorrow on UPS so you will not get your phone until Monday. You only have till Midnight tonight to cancel your order. This from Microsoft Store help page.

[INFO]Pre-orders

You can pre-order some items that are not yet available for immediate delivery. Pre-Orders can be reviewed, updated, or cancelled at any time before pre-order items are released. Please Contact Us to review or cancel a pre-order, or to update the following:

• The credit card associated with the pre-order (including changes to the credit card type, credit card number, billing address, and expiration date)
  • The item quantities
  • The shipping method for physical products
Prices for pre-order items are covered by the Pre-order Price Guarantee, which describes what happens if prices change after you purchase a pre-order item. We will occasionally make a pre-order option available for a high demand item before the official price is known. We may provide an "estimated price" in this situation, but we do not guarantee that the estimated price will match the official price when announced. In such instances, you will be charged the official price rather than the estimated price for the item.
A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped or the product is made available for download. Note that we can't charge your card and complete your order if your card expires between the date you pre-ordered the item and the date the item becomes available. Please ensure that your billing and contact information is current at all times.
If you wish to return an item that was pre-ordered, the 30-day return period begins:

• When downloadable products are delivered electronically to your account
  • When physical products are shipped
[/INFO]

As you can see once the device is released you can no longer cancel your order.

I stopped at 2 local AT&T stores to check availability. They both had devices available. Ones store told me that all AT&T stores will have at least a few on hand tomorrow. The other store told me that they would only have Black and Red in stock for the launch. To get a White or Yellow you have to go through order fulfillment. They will have to ship it to you.

The Microsoft Store screwed us this time. It wont happen to me again.

Good luck everybody

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I cancelled earlier as well. Put my pre-order in at the local MS store. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

All I can say is... never again.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got this e-mail from the MS Online store, although I did cancel a few hours ago. FYI.

Thanks for ordering your Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone from Microsoft online store.

Because of overwhelming demand, your Nokia Lumia 1520 order is delayed in shipping. As soon as your shipping label is printed, we'll send you an email with the tracking information. You can also track your order on our site.

To make it right, we would like to give you a one-time promo code good for $25 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store.* It's our way of letting you know how much we appreciate your business

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Love the fact that I just got an email from the MS Store saying that there's a delay in shipping my 1520 (Red) "due to overwhelming demand"...2-hours after I cancelled the order. Now they start emailing me?!?! At least they tried to "make it right" by giving a $25 off code for my next purchase on their store.... Too late and very disappointing. :-(

nkaufmann

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Got that email too. also noticed this

Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid for pre-order items. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 21, 2014.

uhmmm about the 21st.... Wtf do we have to order **** tonight?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Got that email too. also noticed this

Cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Not valid for pre-order items. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 21, 2014.

uhmmm about the 21st.... Wtf do we have to order **** tonight?

You don't. Coupon code expires 11/21/2014

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
ohhhh anger got the best of me and just assumed. I am so pissed.

I know the feeling. I'd rather have my L1520 tomorrow than to get it later and get a $25 coupon for a place I probably would rather avoid now. Least they could have done was offer a $25 Windows Phone App gift card instead (Edit: scratch that, you can probably use the promo code to get a free $25 Windows Phone Gift Card) or $25 off my L1520 purchase.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So my questions is this: Can I be reimbursed for the two day shipping charge I added to my order? Who cares if I get the phone in two days.....10 days after I was supposed to get it.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone check if you can respond to the email? Maybe we should plaster their inbox with a nice: f*** you very much

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So my questions is this: Can I be reimbursed for the two day shipping charge I added to my order? Who cares if I get the phone in two days.....10 days after I was supposed to get it.
good and valid question. I paid for overnight shipping.... And I want that taken off my bill

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I replied that I don't give a damn :) cancelling my preorder now... That should help them with their demand issue....

bjerry101

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So everyone including myself who pre-order from Microsoft won't be getting the phone tomorrow, and 97% of AT&T customers are getting their phones tomorrow... so lame. I think someone should upload this story to the media to embarrass this lame Company.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I will pass on the phone entirely... Canceled my preorder with MS because I don't want to give them a single penny for this stunt... Preordering now at AT&T probably puts me on delivery sometime in December and in the store I pay 100 bucks more than online. Not worth the hassle... They obviously have no real strategy... I will wait for 2014 although the 1520 was supposed to be my birthday present... Well didn't get that one, but I got something.... Quite a bit of frustration... Never again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes