Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
re: Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 1520

Was out grabbing some dinner tonight at a new "quick" Hibachi restaurant. Not too bad for low, indoor lighting.

WP_20140114_19_07_58_Pro.jpg

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Meh... First round playing with the camera. I like it so far, but I need some practice. First couple images have me intrigued. There are definitely some very nice photos in this thread.

WP_20140109_13_50_25.jpg

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

It's pretty clear as to why the low-end standalone P&S camera market is taking a hit. The 1020 and 1520 are perfect examples of camera phones with quality that is good enough for 75% of people's shooting needs. And depending on the conditions you're shooting, and how you're using the images, the quality can be quite excellent. I suspect in a couple of years that quality will get even better, and that 20mp sensors will be the norm on most premium phones, and that the sensors will be a little larger than they are today, leading to even better quality.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Surprised at how few images are being shared in this thread. Here's a couple more to get the ball rolling..

11gli4w.jpg

o89r48.jpg

As always more on my Instagram feed at Instagram. :)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Very good pics in this thread recently. I am not having such success with this phone as all of you!

Also, what are you using to edit and convert the dng files? What is your post processing workflow like to get these images from the phone into reasonable jpgs?

I have the suite of Adobe CS4, and also use Canon's DPP to convert my RAW files from my DSLR. But in Photoshop CS4, I cant open the dng files. I just updated the camera raw plugin in but am still unable to get the dng's open. Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

theppy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

guys I have a serious question about the phone video capacity, is it as decent as the 920's or 1020's?
I've been looking for some videos on youtube and they are not very encouraging...
I had a Lumia 920 and it died. Now i'm looking to updgrade and i'm between the 1020 or the 1520
Any help is really appreciated!

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Very good pics in this thread recently. I am not having such success with this phone as all of you!

Also, what are you using to edit and convert the dng files? What is your post processing workflow like to get these images from the phone into reasonable jpgs?

I have the suite of Adobe CS4, and also use Canon's DPP to convert my RAW files from my DSLR. But in Photoshop CS4, I cant open the dng files. I just updated the camera raw plugin in but am still unable to get the dng's open. Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Not sure what to tell you. I'm also using CS4 and can open the DNG files just fine. Using Camera RAW 5.4

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

im wondering how could you all shoot such decent pictures using the Lumia 1520, the picture i shoot with mine, using the Nokia Camera with all the setting set to auto, the pic it produces normally can see some noise and not as sharp as the pic u all taken... :unhappysweat:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

im wondering how could you all shoot such decent pictures using the Lumia 1520, the picture i shoot with mine, using the Nokia Camera with all the setting set to auto, the pic it produces normally can see some noise and not as sharp as the pic u all taken... :unhappysweat:

It takes some practice. The first day I was using my 1520 after switching from the 920 I was mighty disappointed with the camera. But after a month and a half I can safely say the 1520 camera is leaps and bounds better than the 920. Keep shooting and you'll get better. :)

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

It takes some practice. The first day I was using my 1520 after switching from the 920 I was mighty disappointed with the camera. But after a month and a half I can safely say the 1520 camera is leaps and bounds better than the 920. Keep shooting and you'll get better. :)
u mean practice playing around with the setting such as shutter speed and iso? :shocked:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

u mean practice playing around with the setting such as shutter speed and iso? :shocked:

Nope. I mean practice with understanding what conditions the camera works best in Auto and what conditions require manual controls. Even though I am extremely comfortable with full manual control, a lot of times I don't bother because I know Auto will give me just as good a result. That comes with practice. :)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Did anyone notice that the sample pictures included on the 1520 were not taken by this device?

This one was taken on June 1, 2012.
sample_photo_00.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes