Soft display on 1520

jasonmalcolmgibbins

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I went into my local store to have a look at a lumia 1520. I found that when I pressed my thumb into the display with what I would describe as a medium amount of pressure. The LCD was warping like when you touch an LCD display on a computer monitor for example. All other lumias to my knowledge have completely rigid displays. If I press my thumb into the screen of my 920 with what I would describe as a lot of pressure, nothing happens. Its solid. Has anybody else found the same?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just pressed my screen and unless I press hard I don't get the warping. I'm not sure why anyone would need to press hard enough for the warping.

BU2B2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had a number of replacement Lumia 1520's due to hardware faults, and they have all had this distortion you mention. It's kind of annoying. I don't press on the screen particularly hard or forceful, but it still occurs. It only happens on certain parts of the screen. It's quite annoying, but I'm sick of replacing my phone and setting everything up again, downloading playlists for offline use etc.

jasonmalcolmgibbins

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had a number of replacement Lumia 1520's due to hardware faults, and they have all had this distortion you mention. It's kind of annoying. I don't press on the screen particularly hard or forceful, but it still occurs. It only happens on certain parts of the screen. It's quite annoying, but I'm sick of replacing my phone and setting everything up again, downloading playlists for offline use etc.

Thinking that when update 8.1 comes. I'll send back my device as the backup function now saves all the app data. So no need to download offline playlists etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon