Omg scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You said before that Nokia offered to look at the phone. Might be an idea to let them, if there's a manufacturing defect, they'll be able to spot it.

Or you can continue spinning this thread in circles saying that it's not your fault.

Your call.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
May I point out that you haven't scratched your gorilla glass? These are on the oleophobic layer of your screen. The layer that prevents oily fingerprints over the screen. It is super easy to scratch that layer. Think of it as icing on the cake - easy to crack the icing, but the sponge doesn't necessarily break that easy.

No coating on mine. Fingerprints are a problem with the phone. I can see them easily. If I had known this screen was that wimpy, I would have put a screen protector on it. Now it's a bit late for that.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You said before that Nokia offered to look at the phone. Might be an idea to let them, if there's a manufacturing defect, they'll be able to spot it.

Or you can continue spinning this thread in circles saying that it's not your fault.

Your call.

I tthought about it, but I would need to ship it, and be without my phone for too long, just to find that Nokia is like all other companies and say user error, let them pay. And it is probably my fault, but just pissed that it was so easy to do. No other phone I had did this. But my coworker said the case I had, might have been too tight, because they look like mini-fractures. I know it was really tight, but I guess it was my mistake of still using it. If they are cracks and not scratches, I will put a shield on it to help stop it from going farther.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The above post is not what is on my phone. Look at the pictures of the one with the fingerprints and the other half with this "Protective cover" Mine sometimes looks like the one on the left. A fingerprint magnet. So I would suppose to save a few dollars Corning left this magic layer off some phone screens. The simple fact is, my screen got scratched by wiping it on a pants leg made of blue jeans. A clean pair to boot. No metal clips in the leg part, and never stuck in pocket. If you look at the picture, you only see a few, there is over 50+ of those little scratches on the right side. all about uniformed in shape and size about the same difference is width apart from each other. Almost like you ran it through a machine made to embed scratches uniformed. There are a few longer ones, but almost all are the same length. There are a few scribbly ones too, that is why I think it was cleaned with the pants leg, or a shirt tail. But nothing has touched the screen that is harder than glass. And what good is a cover to stop the screen being scratched, if you have to replace the screen to fix the scratch?

...and as I keep telling you, you cannot scratch something with a material that is softer than it. It's literally impossible.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Your call.

This last bit is what I feel will happen here...he's seeking someone to blame and not wanting to deal with the literal physical reality of the universe.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Besides thanks to everyone here, I have been more in believing that I am at fault. Which is a good thing, in that way that I always seem to blame companies for faulty equipment, before taking a closer look at how I may have treated things. I now realize that is is only 10% Cornings fault, and 90% mine. And that leaves 0% for Nokia. I will do a little more research on replacing the screen, but I hear that it is almost impossible to separate the glass from the digitizer without breaking it and costing hundreds...

Just a note... Thank you all for your insights

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This last bit is what I feel will happen here...he's seeking someone to blame and not wanting to deal with the literal physical reality of the universe.

And this isn't "spinning the wheels" a bit? Well read the above post and you will see I have had a change of mind. It is my fault, I believe my coworker in that these really look like mini-fractures. Therefor all my fault for using a case that was way too tight for it. And in the process of removing it and putting it back on, I caused this to happen. That will be the last generic hard case I use. I normally have soft gel ones. But I bought the Incipo PMA charging case and will use that. Will go to the mall and get a shield put on the phone to help prevent it from spreading. So have a nice day, and now the problem has been solved, the cause revealed, a moderator can close this thread. I do thank you for stating your opinions, helpful or not.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I tthought about it, but I would need to ship it, and be without my phone for too long, just to find that Nokia is like all other companies and say user error, let them pay. And it is probably my fault, but just pissed that it was so easy to do. No other phone I had did this. But my coworker said the case I had, might have been too tight, because they look like mini-fractures. I know it was really tight, but I guess it was my mistake of still using it. If they are cracks and not scratches, I will put a shield on it to help stop it from going farther.

You keep spinning this thread in circles. First it's not your fault, then it's your friends fault, then it's your fault, and it's no longer contributing anything positive to the community. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes