Sad 1520 owner :(

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good... then trust Nokia. So far the one unifying thing across the forum is that Nokia takes care of it's customers. Please keep us informed.

I am in the US, have never heard of this, can do nothing about it, and I am upset for you. Makes me mad to hear this crud. Refurbish that L1520, and sell it as such cheap somewhere else. You paid for a new, working phone. You should GET a new, working phone. Period, end of story.

I can definitely vouch for Nokia's customer service. I had a Lumia 928 that I was selling and went to wipe it. The device never wiped and bricked. Verizon did absolutely nothing for me. They wanted me to just jump through a bunch of hoops so I decided to contact Nokia to see what they could do, and they repaired the device for no cost in a very timely manner.

OP, I definitely feel for you here. I would really go to Nokia. Not sure what Harvey Norman is (guessing a retailer?), but I'm sure Nokia would take good care of you.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear a happy result Patrick. Looks like you have the 8.1 update? Did you try to get Cortana working?
I'm thinking 1520 soon.

Meengene

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have found that Nokia's Customer Care is just customer service reps giving typical doublespeak about how much they "care", while NOT doing the right thing with regards to customers. Typical large company that talks the talk, but does NOT walk the walk. I advise a small claims lawsuit, which will force them to send a rep to be at the court date, and the case can be settled there. I am currently having to sue Nokia and their warranty company Flextronics- Canada about my under warranty phone repair. By the time it is all said and done, I will force Nokia and its authorized companies to spend 10 times what it would have cost to simply send a replacement device. Such is how large corporations must be treated. I wish you well.

Patrick95

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear a happy result Patrick. Looks like you have the 8.1 update? Did you try to get Cortana working?
I'm thinking 1520 soon.
Thanks.
Yep updated to WP8.1 as soon as I turned it on, I was so desperate lol
I got Cortana to work and she's super useful, never thought I was gonna use it as much.

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you use a credit card for the purchase?
If so, contact the card company and dispute the charge if still within that time window. They will take it from there.
These disputes through the credit card company usually get the attention of a retailer faster than anything. God luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes