Issues recording video - stutters, skips, delayed start of recording, etc.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I have had my 1520 now since last october, and I'm finally getting around to trying to get some answers to some problems I've been having with the phone.

For now, my issue is when I record videos, such as the one below I just took (I forgot to turn the light on so that's not my issue). It suffers from a few issues I've seen before on my videos as well as people on these forums talk about them. There is a weird delay before the video starts recording, but even more serious, it seems to skip/stutter, which you can notice in the below video because of the stuttering video and/or the skips in the song (in particular, around the 0:40, 0:52, 0:55, and 1:09 marks, and those are just the first ones I'm catching now).

I've tried to look around so I don't end up asking already-answered questions, but I can't find a definitive answer as to the cause of this. I saw something about it may be certain memory cards (the one I have is this one - Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter, Frustration-Free Packaging - SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A: Electronics).

If my memory card is the issue, will changing the "save photos to" setting back to my phone solve it? Also, since I think my memory card is the cause of my music's info erasing frequently (so that songs only show up under the song listing and everything else is blank), are there some PROVEN good memory cards that WON'T cause these kinds of issues?

I also heard that I may need to change certain video settings - what settings should be changed, and to what?

Anyway, the video is below, and ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Let me know if you have any questions, and I am willing to make more videos this week to test certain things and upload quickly if that will help us get to the bottom of this.

[video=facebook;10202205921804803]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202205921804803&l=6432670726372647316[/video]

(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202205921804803&l=6432670726372647316)

P.S. - if I have to change memory cards, what can I do with my old one? Sell it? turn it in somewhere?? Maybe the warranty's still intact.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon