Horrible screen lag since 8.1

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've updated my 1520 to 8.1. I had been using the developers preview and things were fine. Since going to the official 8.1 when I exit a program and go back to the home screen it lags badly. It used to be so fluid. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas what could be causing this ?

Non Chalant

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
same on my 1520.3.

I read of a guy that was bothered by this, he rolledback to 8.0 without setting up his account/backing up, then from that fresh reboot, phone basically empty, he updated to 8.1, then setup his account and manually installed his apps back. Said it fixed all that homescreen animation lag. Hasn't seen lag for a weeks now he says.

Curtis Conley

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
When I recently upgraded my 1520 to windows 8.1 cyan upgrade the experience was absolutely terrible.
Icons, text, everything was really small, the phone would lag and hang, warm up, battery eaten up etc. It was soo bad in fact I was looking for a way to downgrade in a few days after upgrading.

What I ended up doing was a hard reset of the phone after backing up my photos, text messages etc. It cleared all the apps out that I had previously installed but that did not get rid of the 8.1 ugrade so I tried it once more and just reinstalled all of my apps which was easy since the app store remembers what apps you previously had and marks them as "owned" I reinstalled them and all the problems went away.

Apparently like all Windows OS, a clean install keeps the problems away, since then I have been enjoying 8.1 upgrade with no more issues.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
All fixed. I took the advice of another thread, restored back to 8.0 and then did the 8.1 update. All this without restoring my backup. Very smooth now.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
All fixed. I took the advice of another thread, restored back to 8.0 and then did the 8.1 update. All this without restoring my backup. Very smooth now.

Great that you got it working... I did give the answer in my post about not using a backup, but each to their own!!! LOL...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar