How do I get my Lumia 1520 out of a freeze/reboot cycle?

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
lumia 1520 freeze/reboot cycle and wifi issues

My Lumia 1520 (ATT Version) has had this reboot cycle problem for about a week now. It started a week ago when it was at 2%, died and when I tried to charge it, it started freezing and rebooting and freezing and rebooting. Originally I thought it was a power issue because it always had 2% when it restarted. I got it home to my Nokia original cord plugged into my surface pro charger and charged it and fiddled with it like turning it on airplane mode, deleting unread messages before it restarted, etc. But then recently its been doing it more and its been doing it while at 40%, 12%, etc. Even when its plugged in. It seems to get very hot every time I do this. During all of this, I have Xbox music songs I have pending download. I was going to let those finish over WiFi but it won't let me turn on WiFi. I'm wondering if the 53 pending downloads could be causing this issue but I'm not sure. I'm running the latest dev preview and cyan. I have a ton of apps and music and all that installed on my SD card.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: lumia 1520 freeze/reboot cycle and wifi issues

Here are some tips which may work.
(probably you used already a few)

Switch on and off. Soft Reset. Get the Simcard out (check if you can get wifi). Delete wifi network and connect again. Sync ms account. Check if date and time are correct.
If all of this does not work you may need a hard reset so enable backup settings.

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

Here are some tips which may work.
(probably you used already a few)

Switch on and off. Soft Reset. Get the Simcard out (check if you can get wifi). Delete wifi network and connect again. Sync ms account. Check if date and time are correct.
If all of this does not work you may need a hard reset so enable backup settings.
I can't sync Microsoft accounts because I took out the SIM and WiFi still won't connect. WiFi won't even toggle on. It says

Can't do this right now
Try again in a little while. If the problem continues, restart your phone and try again

Even with the SIM and SD cards out, it still restarts continuously. I've also canceled the Xbox music downloads. It still restarts constantly. I've deleted all WiFi networks and even uninstalled some apps. I uninstalled Gestures Beta and it still hasn't stopped the reboot cycle

Have you installed either '5 minute workout' or ' the chive' apps?
Neither

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

Now I got the windows phone blue screen of death. A blue screen with a sad face

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I fear it's time for a hard reset or use the lumia software recovery tool.

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

I reset my phone twice. Once through the recovery tool and once through the button shortcut and both left my phone unable to use WiFi. I think the phone is defective and I'm going to return it since I'm under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorGabl