Can anyone help save my lumia 1520 ?

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello I am in need of help to save my lumia 1520. I made the mistake of flashing my lumia 1520 (RM-937) with a lumia 1520 (RM-938) ROM ever-since my phone started acting out. I flashed the phone back to its original ROM which is Hong-kong ROM with windows phone recovery tool, it has not fixed the issue. The phone does not connect to GSM network anymore. It appears that the band might have been messed up. Can anyone help?

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I did not tried soft reset. However, I performed a hard reset after flashing the phone back to its original firmware. Thank for your reply!

stoneman1520

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I hope you could find a solution to this problem....
They always warn you in the flashing guides to match the product type.
Onr more thing, did you ensure that the SIM isn't the problem ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure of the reliability of the Windows Phone Recovery Tool on modded phones at this point. Reports coming in from users are mixed. It seems to work for some, yet not for others. What the difference might be is not clear yet.

Lumia Software Recovery Tool is still available, grab a copy of that if you don't have one: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA Install the program and open it.

Power down your phone... Remove the SIM and SD Card.

Hold the Volume Down button and plug in to the USB port on your computer. An exclamation point (!) should appear on the screen and you can release the Volume Down button.
hard-reset-lumia-520.jpg

This should put your 1520 in a "ready to flash" mode. Use the "phone won't start or respond" option in LSRT.

Good luck.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it happen to me in the past. I have 937 and I've flashed a German ROM and lost all GSM. Just flash the original ROM again because this is a software problem not hardware. Good luck and sorry for my English.

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I flash the phone and performed and hard reset afterward following your instruction, there is no change yet the phone is stuck in airplane mode and does not recognize any sim card. When I turn off the airplane mode the start to act out it open application randomly. CAN ANYONE ELSE COME TO THE RESCUE OF MY PHONE?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried contacting Nokia Support? It couldn't hurt and they may be able to point you in the right direction.

stoneman1520

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Try to restore the phone to factory settings by using the Nokia Recovery Tool. To do that, access the programmation menu on bottom left, you will see two options : Recovery and Refurbish. Select Refurbish and follow instructions.
Good luck !

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Search for the 'Lumia 1520 Service manual' - @ the very end of the manual, there are instructions (key combination) to factory reset your phone. Don't know if the phone maintains a recovery partition, or ... it may have NO effect. Worth a shot

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I will try them out and keep you updated. I contacted Nokia they were not of much help. Is there any difference between recovery a Nokia Lumia and Refurbish a Nokia Lumia?

ibamba

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I got everything working!!!
I had to uninstall Nokia Care Suite, Windows Phone Recovery and all drivers from my PC. I then re-installed Windows Phone Recovery and Lumia Software Recovery Tool. I Downloaded the ROM with with Lumia Recovery Tool and let the software flash my phone and everything is back to normal. THANK VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!!!

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I got everything working!!!
I had to uninstall Nokia Care Suite, Windows Phone Recovery and all drivers from my PC. I then re-installed Windows Phone Recovery and Lumia Software Recovery Tool. I Downloaded the ROM with with Lumia Recovery Tool and let the software flash my phone and everything is back to normal. THANK VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!!!
If only I was here earlier lol. I've successfully changed the region of my before by flashing another ROM downloaded from Navifirm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes