Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

Fui

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, just updated yesterday and its pretty fun to play around with hey cortana. My lockscreen changes to black and white with slight pixelation anytime I lock my phone though. Once I double tap/unlock in any way the colour pops back. Anyone else facing this?

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, just updated yesterday and its pretty fun to play around with hey cortana. My lockscreen changes to black and white with slight pixelation anytime I lock my phone though. Once I double tap/unlock in any way the colour pops back. Anyone else facing this?

Wow, what a coincidence. I just unlocked my phone to look at windows central and I too noticed some pixelation. It's the first time its happened though.

mptripper

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It's a new feature of the glance screen. You can turn off background photos at the glance settings to get rid of the pixelated image :)

Fui

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
It's a new feature of the glance screen. You can turn off background photos at the glance settings to get rid of the pixelated image :)

Thanks! I thought it was some sort of problem, nearly did a soft reset too. I played around the glance settings, reselected my background photo and now the colour is back. Still pixelation though before double tap/unlocking, any thoughts?

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
And FFS people, stop whining about the updates - you'll all get it eventually, if your phone is functioning well (and there's no reason it won't) you shouldn't be so stressed out to get the update, what does it really matter if you'll get it right on the spot or a while later?

Umm a little harsh don't you think?... So exactly what is your definition of "a while", you do know technology moves fast and that in only a short few months the likely hood of one being on the receiving end for updates will be slim to none do you not? Considering that WP lags behind the competition in features and quality apps I think many are getting frustrated waiting for MS to get up to speed, things were looking OK a few months back then they decided to change directions (WP10), I've been here long enough to see a downward trend in their commitment to address bug fixes/enhancements in a timely manner which is definitely evident with this Denim roll-out.

I already have two WP that appear relegated to "you got what you got" status and my third, L830, which is still waiting for bug fixes along w/enhancements touted as having from the get-go that's 6+ months old, so every day that goes by is another day closer to it being labeled as redundant not to mention me having to endure those bugs which plague it day in and day out, month after month.

So I believe myself and many others DO have the right to "whine" and be pissed off with the slow implementation of updates by MS, especially when it supposedly improves the overall WP experience yet they never come.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Do i have to re-enable "Rich capture" every f...... time that i open Lumia Camera? That's obnoxious

It is good that they disable it after you close the app. Rich capture is essentially HDR photo mode which only merge photos with different flash iso and shutter speed settings. However, this render limited control over settings of the shutter speed, wb, iso, etc.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Rookie question but can you use rich capture a while after you take the photograph. It only lets me use it when I view the photo right after photographing it not after a couple of photographs

mptripper

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I thought it was some sort of problem, nearly did a soft reset too. I played around the glance settings, reselected my background photo and now the colour is back. Still pixelation though before double tap/unlocking, any thoughts?
I think they implemented it this way to conserve battery life. Lighting fewer pixels uses less batt power though the side effect is the pixelation.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

The pixilation is because the glance uses a low energy driving mode (display memory) for glance so you get pixilated pictures.
So there is no fix for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar