I got a Verizon version.

Two things didnt work well out of the box:

Nokia Camera
    Nokia storyteller / Nokia Share

For the camera, you cant get any advanced settings (shutter, manual focus etc).

Here is an example what an reviewer said at 7:55 mark. Obviously he didnt think there was a problem, just that it was basic. Coming from L1020, I knew the software was wrong.

For the Storyteller/Nokia Share, I could not sync my L1020 with the tablet. After NFC connection, the phone is prompted to install the app, which was already installed. Then an error message will occur if either you reinstall or ignore it.

To fix this, uninstall both Nokia Camera and Storyteller. Then go back to Store and reinstall both. They now work as designed.

I did a full MS Windows update when I took the tablet out. Perhaps this did something to the factory settings.

Not sure about Nokia Here Map, Video, or the other apps that came preinstalled. I havent noticed anything to have to reinstall them. Perhaps I should just in case.
    Last edited by JaimitoFrog; 11-24-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    11-24-2013 10:44 PM
    Thanks for sharing this fix. This will be helpful to a lot of people who buy the 2520.
    11-24-2013 10:49 PM
    I went ahead and also reinstalled Nokia Video director, My Nokia, Nokia Music, Here Maps etc. The reinstalled My Nokia and Video Director has a different icon, suggesting a different version.
    11-24-2013 11:42 PM
    This needs to be a sticky!
    11-25-2013 09:38 PM
    Ugg .. yes. For those that had a hard time finding this on google, key search terms are lumia 2520, storyteller beta, nokia share app, get app, there is a problem completing your request. Try again later. error code 805a0194. Also I did install the storyteller beta for windows phone 8 (requires some hacking), but I don't think the WP8 and RT versions automatically sync.
    11-27-2013 08:27 PM
    I also noted this in my review with not only the Nokia suite, but also some other apps...
    11-28-2013 11:01 AM
    I got a Verizon version.

Two things didnt work well out of the box:

Nokia Camera
    Nokia storyteller / Nokia Share

For the camera, you cant get any advanced settings (shutter, manual focus etc).

Here is an example what an reviewer said at 7:55 mark. Obviously he didnt think there was a problem, just that it was basic. Coming from L1020, I knew the software was wrong.

For the Storyteller/Nokia Share, I could not sync my L1020 with the tablet. After NFC connection, the phone is prompted to install the app, which was already installed. Then an error message will occur if either you reinstall or ignore it.

To fix this, uninstall both Nokia Camera and Storyteller. Then go back to Store and reinstall both. They now work as designed.

I did a full MS Windows update when I took the tablet out. Perhaps this did something to the factory settings.

Not sure about Nokia Here Map, Video, or the other apps that came preinstalled. I havent noticed anything to have to reinstall them. Perhaps I should just in case.
    I have also been unable to do connect my L1020, but do you mean reinstall the apps on the 2520 or on the phone? Storyteller is not in Windows Store so cannot be reinstalled
    12-21-2013 05:27 AM
    I have also been unable to do connect my L1020, but do you mean reinstall the apps on the 2520 or on the phone? Storyteller is not in Windows Store so cannot be reinstalled
    I meant the tablet. the app is no longer on windows store. Perhaps a new version will be out soon.
    12-21-2013 07:20 PM
    I meant the tablet. the app is no longer on windows store. Perhaps a new version will be out soon.
    Thanks for the info. Odd that they've removed it. I'll post another thread to check whether there is another way to reinstall the Nokia-exclusive apps
    12-22-2013 05:27 AM
    I've noticed that the apps out of the box are a previous version, including Nokia apps. What you can do instead of reinstalling them is go to the store, Settings charm, App updates, check for updates, and it should update all the apps to the current version - this is what gave video director the new icon, and gave the camera the slideout options, etc.
    Campater likes this.
    12-22-2013 10:26 AM