Touch Screen Issues

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been having an interesting issue with my Lumia 2520. When I unlock the screen sometimes the touch screen has issues with 'phantom touches', you can tell the touchscreen thinks someone is tapping or holding in certain areas. This obviously can make the device almost unusable. The funny thing is that the issue will go away upon a reboot. Anyone else experienced this? The issue seems to be worse when the screen is less clean or there is more fingerprint residue on it.

lofdog

Jan 27, 2004
Visit site
I have had this happen once or twice as well. The phantom touches appear to be on either on the left or right side at the very edge but will clear after a reboot. I just installed a screen protector so we will see if that helps. Either way it appears to be a touch screen calibration issue they should be able to resolve with an update.

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I am hoping as well that the issues are just related to touchscreen calibration. Fingers crossed, I've been hoping/waiting for months for some resolution to this issue.

Sky River

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ezra - are you using the power keyboard?
I ran into this issue while using the keyboard. I found a way to recover without a reboot. Press the caps lock key, press the power button to put back to sleep, wait for caps lock led to go off, then wake it up again. A reboot also works if the caps lock method does not.

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Is the screen clean and free of smudges and fingerprints? I noticed the phantom touches when I first got the tablet and was using it. The screen has no oleophobic coating so it will collect anything and everything off of your fingers and the surrounding environment.

I hightly recommend the IllumiShield oleophobic screen protector from Amazon. Works great and has all the cutouts so it fits perfectly. Smudges and fingerprints do not collect on the screen and it is smooth when swiping around the screen.

lofdog

Jan 27, 2004
Visit site
Since applying the ZAGG screen protector to my tablet I have not had any more issues with the phantom touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue, screen is jittery and when I swipe from the right I get no charms menu and have to use power button to reboot tablet. I am also using the power cover.... other than that great tablet.

Aredubu

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue yesterday. When the on-screen keyboard was up, no keys on the left lower corner would work. Initially I flipped the tablet over to by-pass it, but it really frustrated me. I did a reset without affecting my files and that seems to have fixed it.

Brian Miller7

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that any residue on screen can create issues with touch screen and restarting "appears" to resolve issue but only temporarily. Fix is to take a soft cloth, a spritz of Window cleaner (pun intended) and diligently clean from edge to edge. Just a little bit of hand lotion smudge can be enough to throw off calibration. Appears to be the trade off for precise touch screen input.

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the issue as well with 2520. Apps would switch as if swiping the screen, yet I was not touching it. It got better for me once I got the power keyboard and got rid of my leather folio case. On the powered keyboard, there is a real simple hack you have to do to keep it from randomly disconnecting.

Brian Miller7

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I am NOT making a recommendation here only sharing what I did which is working brilliantly.

Clean screen THOROUGHLY edge to edge with soft cloth and a bit of Windex applied to cloth - not screen!

Apply Rain X as you would to windshield. Apply, let dry, buff with soft cloth. Reduces smudges and any smudges come right off. Plus gives screen a nice slick feel. :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit