Facebook App not working on Lumia 2520

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the last WinRT update the Facebook app has not remembered my login information and when I do log in everything is blank.
Screenshot (14).png
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I'm quite sure it is just a Lumia 2520 related issue because my account on my Wife's Surface RT the FB app works just fine. Does any one else have the same issue? I really don't want to have to reset my tablet back to the factory image again.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 2520 and it should be arriving Monday so I can't comment until then.

How's Facebook via IE Metro? It's fully functional correct?

J Latomaki

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Check your people hub that Facebook is linked to Microsoft's account. I have an icon down right on the people hub screen on Lumia 2520. Pressing Facebook icon goes to account settings. Choose Facebook and manage account with IE or similar (trying to translate from Finnish). Check that Facebook has permission to use your data and vice versa. I had a similar problem once with Lumia phone and I removed this link and then recreated it from my phone. If that link is corrupted or invalid, App can't fetch data from Facebook.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping that would work. I removed the connection to Facebook and recreated it and the Facebook app still doesn't work. The people hub works fine connecting to Facebook. I'm away from home at the moment but just before I left I checked the Facebook app on my desktop and it also quit working even though it had been working just fine. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with synchronizing my Windows 8 settings and things between devices. When I get home I'll try Facebook on my wife's Surface RT again and see if it still works. I did select the "remove from all devices" option when I uninstalled it the last time.

I really wish there was a "full reset" type option in the Facebook app. It very well might be the database is corrupted as you surmised.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got my 2520 two days ago. I can report that the Facebook app works fine but I prefer using the full featured Facebook website using IE Metro. I've pinned the site as a tile on my start screen so it looks like a legit app.

J Latomaki

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems that problem is at Facebook. Check your Facebook settings for applications with internet browser. If Facebook does not allow Microsoft or other apps to gather information, your apps can't get news feeds, friends etc..

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Finally! Thanks to a post by Jefeson at Facebook Help (sorry, the forum won't let me post a link!!!!!) I found that my username in settings was my email address. Something must have changed at FB or in the FB app because things worked fine earlier, just that one day the app quit working. I edited my username (on facebook.com, use the down arrow at the far right of the tool bar) to only include only acceptable characters and not the app works fine. This was clearly a FB issue. I don't understand why my full email address was put in as the username any way, especially since the @ sign wasn't acceptable.

Hope that helps someone else.

Taylor173

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Creating a username on Facebook seems to have solved this issue for me. The app is working again. Facebook must be requiring a username for the app to function properly!?!?!? I've been searching for a solution to this issue for months! Glad I finally found it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2