SD card access problem

Davis P B

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with the SD card on my phone and the music/videos/pics showing up on the phone; BUT the files show on the SD card when I connect to the PC. Previously, the music and pics were duplicating; now, they are not showing up at all. When I go into Settings, Storage, the files show up under "Other." They do not show up in any photo albums or music apps (including Nokia and Xbox). NOTE: I use the file folders created by the phone. As my pics and music are an important part of my life, I hope you can help me!

At first, my phone would see the files on the SD card. But then file duplication of pictures, videos and music started. Some files would be duplicated twice, some up to six times.

SanDisk 16GB microSD
When reformatting, I reformat it to its ?original? state, when it asks me.

Music files are in .mp3 format;
Videos are in .mp4 format

WHAT I'VE DONE:

1. First, I tried deleting all files and recopying them over using my phone cable connection to the computer. After doing this 5-6 times, I decided that something else had to be done, as nothing was improving, and file transfer over the phone cable takes hours.

2. Next, I tried reformatting the SD card. I thought this would work, because when reinserted into the phone, the phone asked if I want to use it for music/videos/pics, and I answered "yes." When I went under Storage in Settings, it is indeed set up to use the SD card for these items. Then the duplications started again. I repeated the formatting procedure. Dupes started again.

3. Next, I tried reformatting the SD card, then putting the files onto it not through the phone cable, but through the SD card slot on the computer (which was significantly faster, BTW). I reinserted the card into the phone. Again, it asked if I wanted to put music/video/pics on SD card; I said "yes." But none of the files were showing up under the corresponding sections

4. Next I formatted the SD card in the phone (before I did it using the PC). Then put the SD card in the SD card slot in the computer and copied all the files to the card and put it back in the phone. Again none read. I went to Settings/Storage. The SD card was there, the settings for it being used for pics/videos/music were in place. I clicked on the SD card. It showed 0 bytes under pictures, music, and videos. Instead, all memory used was located under "Other," which doesn't help at all.

Somebody please help me with this problem.

Hachipud

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I got this problem too yesterday

how do I fix it??
reset your phone, it will erase all the data contained in your mobile phone.
but after you reset, the phone is able to read all the files on the memory card. and now I still do not see the double file (duplicating)

before the reset, backup all phone data

sorry my bad english :)

Davis P B

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Hachipud,
I even tried hard resetting the phone yesterday. Lost all paid apps. But still the same result. Not able to copy files on SD card. Nor able to read the files. Now phone does not even connect to the PC.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of threads dealing with this very issue. If I remember correctly, I got it working properly after a hard reset and formatting my microSD on my PC. Then I put the files back using Windows Explorer.

Also, you can get your paid apps back in the Windows Phone store - they're not gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon