Lumia 620 stolen

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi! My Lumia 620 was stolen 2 hours ago. I have already tried locating my phone, blocking it and wiping it, but the thief has already removed the SIM from my phone and/or has powered it off. I have already contacted my operator but all they can do is lock the SIM card. I'm going to the police tomorrow with the IMEI number, maybe they can locate it.

What else can I do and what are my chances of getting it back? Also, I don't really understand how "Find my phone" works. Is it going to work if the thief inserts another SIM card? Does it need a data connection?

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi! My Lumia 620 was stolen 2 hours ago. I have already tried locating my phone, blocking it and wiping it, but the thief has already removed the SIM from my phone and/or has powered it off. I have already contacted my operator but all they can do is lock the SIM card. I'm going to the police tomorrow with the IMEI number, maybe they can locate it.

What else can I do and what are my chances of getting it back? Also, I don't really understand how "Find my phone" works. Is it going to work if the thief inserts another SIM card? Does it need a data connection?
Sorry to hear that! :(
If your phone is switched on & still synced with your live account (microsoft account) you should be able to locate/lock/erase using windows phone website (https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/find) - please note that, your device should enabled location & mobile data.

Cheers,
hope you'll success!

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Story to hear that you lost your phone 😣 But if the thief puts in another sim card in it surely you can then wipe it? I'm not really sure, if you have warranty you can get a new one for free...that os the case for me in England, Anyway. Hope you can find your phone😊

thelorenzzo

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, my warranty ended last month. It's not locked to any carrier either, so I can't ask them to locate it. My only chance seems to be the police, right? :/

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My 520 was stolen on campus this semester so I know the feeling. I never got it back but here's to hoping you get to find it. For me, the find my phone feature never worked.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ideally, if SIM and Lockscreen Pins were active, your phone could then very unlikely of been used, all a thief could do is Hard reset your phone THEN put in their own SIM. Find My Phone will only work with the feature enabled and the phone still synced to your account. I believe that with some carriers (I know T-mobile UK dido it when I lost my phone) can block the phone from all networks by use of the phones IMEI number. It's normally gets registered to you when you get the phone. Then, no matter what anyone does, it won't work on any network til you give the correct password they give you.
I believe Microsoft can do more than the Lock, Ring or Erase option they give under the feature. Perhaps a permanent 'disable' feature would be more appropriate which would also render a hard reset inoperable and an unlock only possible via a service centre, which would require proof of ownership?

atharva117

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Best way is to report the police and they will tag your phones IMEI number as stolen. Mostly thieves sell the phones to others at lower price and the new user will be unaware that it is stolen. He will na?vely use it, it's IMEI number will be registered and he can be contacted. Once this happened to my friend's HTC Desire 600, well he had to bribe the police officer to get his phone back, will that takes time, you will have to wait to get it back. He waited for 7 months.

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
today morning I lost my Lumia 520 :( I have lodged a complaint and my lumia is only 6mnths old I tried locking my phone via internet bt its switched off!! Is there any other way to lock this phone??

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The "Lock" is only the same as the standard numerical keypad lock which activates after your set duration. Did you have a keypad lock set?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Even if he puts a new sim in it the phone IMEI will still be active making the phone traceable. The police will then pick up where the signal was last used then use cctv to track that person. Of course the cheeky thing to do is insure it now with protect my bubble and male a claim on it 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes