How do I connect my Nokia Lumia 620 to my PC?

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I Don't Know What To Do Now :'(

That's how it should appear
c48ce7d0580a6a78166b5f67217ae87e.png

5caa321dc7d97c8b85fa88b3d597c509.png

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

When nothing goes easy use "easy transfer" app
The reason i want to connect my phone to PC is to downgrade from wp8.1 to wp8 and then upgrade to wp8.1 again.
I know it sounds stupid but i guess doing so will also solve my battery issue along with connectivity problem.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Did you tried connecting your phone in another PC?? Sometimes happens that the OS goes crazy and doesn't detects some hardware when you connect it... That used to happen with an Android Sony Ericsson I had a year ago

Ps.. Now I'm better with my 630 :D

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

That option should be available with WP 8.1 now I'm at college.. Later I'll try to give you better feedback... Luck 🍀

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

This might help (had the same issue with my Lumia 1020 connecting to W8.1 PC after Cyan):
1. Unplug your phone and turn it off.
2. When it is completely off, plug it into your PC. The phone will turn on because it is charging.
3. Unlock the phone and wait for your PC to install new drivers.
Done! Your PC should recognise your phone now. (Well, that's how my PC finally recognised my phone)
The only problem is that you'll have to do this procedure every time you need to connect your phone to your PC.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

That option should be available with WP 8.1 now I'm at college.. Later I'll try to give you better feedback... Luck ��
Thanks a lot.Your suggestion regarding Hidden usb setting gave me a ray of hope.
I tried different PC/USB cable combination but no luck.
I think once i figure out enabling hidden usb setting in my lumia 620,half of my problems will be solved!!
Anyways thanks man:)

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

BTW, you can enable hidden USB settings using Cortana. Search 'USB settings' using Cortana. :)

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

This might help (had the same issue with my Lumia 1020 connecting to W8.1 PC after Cyan):
1. Unplug your phone and turn it off.
2. When it is completely off, plug it into your PC. The phone will turn on because it is charging.
3. Unlock the phone and wait for your PC to install new drivers.
Done! Your PC should recognise your phone now. (Well, that's how my PC finally recognised my phone)
The only problem is that you'll have to do this procedure every time you need to connect your phone to your PC.
Thanks, i tried it couple of times but it didn't help!

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I connect my phone to my PC?

I feel your pain, OP!

My experience with my PC recognizing my several WP's has been highly variable. Surely, never ever as solid as the old Nokia Ovi program connecting to a Symbian phone.

Other than rebooting both phone and PC, my only comment is, "Good luck!"

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

This setting bug has been patched in Cyan

BTW how would you downgrade if only the latest firmware is available online?

hmm i hope the USB setting appears after upgrading to Denim.
As far as downgrading or upgrading is concerned..well in order to do that i must be able to connect my phone to my PC via Nokia software recovery..

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem as yours ...
I was running wp8 and my PC w8
1 ... And the phone wasn't recognized..
After I upgraded to wp8.1 it is recognizable..
U running W8 pro N ?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

For The Record, downgrading and re-upgrading won't do much different than a factory reset, except add a couple more steps, and a lot more time.
Have you repeated the factory reset? Also try this:

1: search your PC for the "Phone" app. If it's there, uninstall it.
2: search your PC for "Change Default Settings", and choose "Change Default Settings for Media for Devices".
3: Scroll to the bottom and see if you can see your phone's ID...either the name you gave it or the ID# should be there.
4: Choose either "Ask me every time" for your phone (you can change that back if you wish, after discovery) or Reset all defaults and start fresh with everything. Could be easier if you write down the rest of the default settings and re-set them afterwards.
5. If your phone does get recognized, one of the first things you'll see is the option to re-download the phone app.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Could you screen shot your PC info page ..
And have you tired to connect the phone to another PC running Windows 8.1 ?
No i couldn't find a PC running windows 8.1 .
I have read somewhere that when cyan was seeded for those on dev prev, there were two slots.
some devices who got update from first slot had USB setting available under setting menu which allowed them to select mode to connection when connected to pc{data transfer mode,etc} while in the other slot this was patched and no USB settings were available.
But in Denim{checked my sister's 730 running denim} this setting is available.
View attachment 87294
I guess i will have to wait till Denim is available.

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

For The Record, downgrading and re-upgrading won't do much different than a factory reset, except add a couple more steps, and a lot more time.
Have you repeated the factory reset? Also try this:

1: search your PC for the "Phone" app. If it's there, uninstall it.
2: search your PC for "Change Default Settings", and choose "Change Default Settings for Media for Devices".
3: Scroll to the bottom and see if you can see your phone's ID...either the name you gave it or the ID# should be there.
4: Choose either "Ask me every time" for your phone (you can change that back if you wish, after discovery) or Reset all defaults and start fresh with everything. Could be easier if you write down the rest of the default settings and re-set them afterwards.
5. If your phone does get recognized, one of the first things you'll see is the option to re-download the phone app.

Thanks man but no luck.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

I just tried to connect my l1320 wp8.1 on my friend's windows 8 and my device not recognized!!
I Guess your Pc OS is the problem here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon