How to know if your device is UHS I enabled?

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to know if my device, Nokia Lumia 630 DS is UHS I enabled or not.
I know UHS I cards are backward compatible and they work with older interface, but since the Microsoft Phones' website doesn't say much about it, I was curious if there is some way to find out!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not UHS supported actual no windows phone supports it and I doubt if there is a android phone which supports this standard.

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It's not UHS supported actual no windows phone supports it and I doubt if there is a android phone which supports this standard.

So you mean that our devices may be supporting class 10 cards but due to backward compatibility we are able to run UHS 1 enabled cards?
Since most of the new Lumias support 128 Gb cards and these cards are latest additions to memory cards they would be most likely running on newer interfaces. Just curious!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed UHS cards also support the class 10 standard
So in our phones the class 10 (High Speed bus) is used but if you put this card in a digital camera (with UHS Ultra High Speed bus) then they reach there max speeds.
So in our phones the cards are "slower" then in a digital camera or PC.
So terms of up to 90mb/s are only in UHS supported devices but in our phone they are "much" slower but basically still fast enough even for 4K recording.

If you for example want to copy a lot from your pc to your phone or the other way around (several GB of stuff) it is faster if you get the card out your phone and put it in your PC compared with connecting your phone with USB and copy then.
And faster includes the time it takes to get the SD card out off your phone put it in your PC etc.

By the way you do not find anything about UHS in the phone spec's because they do not support it. If they supported it it would be indicated in the spec.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, what is the fastest card our phones would fully support? I have a SanDisk 32GB class 10 uhs 1 card in my 1520 and was having issues recording 1080 video so I was thinking of going with one of those 80mb/sec write speed cards (uhs 3 I believe). Would that be overkill and useless in the phone?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
They fully support class 10 which has a min of 10 MB/s but no idea what the max is in class 10.
The UHS-3 is not supported so you will not get the 80. Actual a UHS-3 has to be at least 30 MB/s and I think the 80 is a max or "up to" which has no real "standard". And is the 80 read or write? (But what could be is that a uhs-3 has a faster class 10 then a UHS-1)
What you could do is save the video on your internal storage to see if this does not give issues because the internal memory is "faster". And probably the only way to find out if a UHS 3 works better is to try it.

(Now even if the phone can not "use" the speed it will help to copy faster from your SD to your PC)

Edit
The bus (High Speed bus) speed of our phones is 25 MB/s so that is the mass speed for a class 10 SD card. But no idea if there is a class 10 card which is "that" fast.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit