Cannot end phone calls

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lumia 635 a little less than a month ago,and it does not let me hit end call when part of a call.
When I tap the screen, it goes black.

This also happens when trying to hit the speaker phone button while listening to messages.

Its as if, whenever on a call, or playing a message, I cannot do anything on the phone.

Is this a bug that can be fixed?

kramium

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Lumia 630/635 , does not come with proximity sensor, the device comes with a technology in touch panels that can measure electrostatic voltage. As you can see from the image , any large about placed near the upper part of display will lock the screen and there by preventing any accidental click during calls.

Lumia-630-sensor.png

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
so that does work
but I don't want have to lock/unlock every time. especially for important calls.

what is the fix for this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There isn't a fix :/ That's what kramium is trying to explain. You can try a Bluetooth headset as a workaround, but that's about it. The other option is buying a phone with the actual sensors. The 920 for example

Otherwise stick to the route I posted earlier

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
kramium tells you how the sensor works on the phone. The problem is, the phone thinks there are objects on the display in those areas. This is caused 99% of the time by a display that needs cleaning or has a wet spot from sweat or some other moisture source. Thoroughly clean your display and the issue should go away, until it needs cleaning again.

I recommend daily wiping with a dust-free micro fiber cloth to keep it from building up the stuff that causes the issue in the first place. Sometimes what the screen is detecting can't even be seen, so try cleaning it.

As an owner of 2 of these phones, I can tell you cleaning can fix the issue.

Ashwani Kumar Singh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem too but not because the screen guard is dusty, but because I am using a tempered glass and it has covered the sensor, thus I am having a hell lot of problems in disconnecting the calls. Sometimes the call gets to the other end and the person even answers the call :( and sometimes I disconneect it but the call reaches the other end and results in a missed call. Embarrassing:/

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem too but not because the screen guard is dusty, but because I am using a tempered glass and it has covered the sensor, thus I am having a hell lot of problems in disconnecting the calls. Sometimes the call gets to the other end and the person even answers the call :( and sometimes I disconneect it but the call reaches the other end and results in a missed call. Embarrassing:/

Tempered glass doesn't matter on the L635, though, because it doesn't have the sensor to be covered like many other Lumias, including the less inferior 520. There are many Tempered Glass screen protectors that do take that into consideration and have a hole in the location of the sensor to prevent it from being covered, though. That's probably the kind you need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes