How do I unbrick my Lumis 635

Richard Ryan Dort

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
So, after having an issue with a Win 10 Mobile preview, I tired to switch from slow ring to fast ring, and after that didn't seem to work I reset the phone. Now it is stuck in some weird loop where it shows the setup gears for a while, and then does it all over again. This was a few weeks ago and I haven't messed with it much since it was a spare phone. But as my 1020 acts up more and more (shutting all the antennas off, accept cell, and restarting from time to time) I would like to see if I can't get this thing going again.

Any ideas?

P.S. It won't show up on my computer long enough for the recovery tool to work. I have tried that several times too.
Thank you.

PrplHaz4

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, after having an issue with a Win 10 Mobile preview, I tired to switch from slow ring to fast ring, and after that didn't seem to work I reset the phone. Now it is stuck in some weird loop where it shows the setup gears for a while, and then does it all over again. This was a few weeks ago and I haven't messed with it much since it was a spare phone. But as my 1020 acts up more and more (shutting all the antennas off, accept cell, and restarting from time to time) I would like to see if I can't get this thing going again.

Any ideas?

P.S. It won't show up on my computer long enough for the recovery tool to work. I have tried that several times too.
Thank you.

I had a similar issue with my 635, where (when using the recovery tool) the computer was not holding onto the USB connection long enough for the process to work. It took a lot of trial and error, but I eventually got it working.

You have to time it right so that the USB connection is started at the right point of the recovery process, then again if it reboots. I didn't do it enough times to come up with a "system", but if done right it will get the connection at just the right point and hold onto it long enough to complete the process. Pretty sure I used WPRT. It was frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes